Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:52:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMy first TD game on PlayStore!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first TD game on PlayStore!  (Read 492 times)
GoodyPundit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »

Heyo guys,
I'm here to share my first small game that I released on Play Store.
A Slime Hut is a simple hut management mixed with tower defense genre.
The premises is simple, taking care of your garden, catch monster and use them to repel the evil slime.

The free version is available at your browser:

While the Play Store version have an additonal bonus monster, comes with a small price tag.

It's not the best game, but it's a start for me.   Gomez
Thank you for reading this, any feedback and support is really appreciated!
Goody

Join the Discord channel : https://discord.gg/fXqHbQQvnc
Spectragate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:23:25 AM »

That's one nice looking game. Did you do the art? The presentation of the game is top notch.

A few quirks:

#1: Some sound effects seem to be in stereo, some seem to be mono. I can't tell if it's just certain sounds, or the audio in general (I'm pretty sure the first time the victory screen played it was in stereo, then the next time it was only in my left headphones). Some other sounds seem to come from just the right headphone, so maybe it's an issue with the game engine itself?

#2: I don't think the game ever explained what the Day mechanic does. I kept planting things and moving the days forwards, but I couldn't tell if this was a limited resource. Do the monsters automatically attack after a certain number of days? Are they getting stronger over time? Could you explain how this works?

#3: I didn't see a way to speed up the game time in the tower defense mode (usually these games will have 3-4 speeds you can cycle through).

#4: It would be nice of the monsters that the monster catcher found didn't reset each day - I had one monster I wanted to catch so I planted a bunch of trees to afford it. I went to the second day to get the resources, but the monster type had switched. Now the new type needed cherries - so I planted cherries but then it switched to something else! It would be nice if it kept the monster type so that it gives you a goal to work towards. If you don't want that monster type anymore, maybe you can build a new monster catcher on it to clear it out.

I noticed the game is already released, so I don't know how much feedback is actually useful (the forum rules frown on playtesting already released games). But I hope you can continue to tweak this game - it's got a solid base.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic