Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:11:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWould you sell your game for cryptocurrency?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Would you sell your game for cryptocurrency?  (Read 6716 times)
Copywright
Level 0

Vague Katti Wielder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2020, 04:58:01 AM »

Exploring the viability of an onlinw game distribution service for developers to sell their games for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Monero.

Is this something experienced indies would consider listing on, in addition to Steam?

George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »

For me, someone with a lot of not only real world business knowledge but also a lifetime of game knowledge i would say no. Even Epic Games couldn't open a new store front without giving away 2 free games a week and with how small their library is that won't last long since most people dont care for the lack of features for something like that.
16 story bits
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 06:44:28 AM »

Cyrpto is still a shady thing when coming to taxes, and in my case I would like to keep all my business legal.

In FIAT, if the platform acts as a company, then it will have to charge VAT (depends on the customer's country) and make the proper retentions before paying developers (taking into account all existing commerce agreements between the platform's country and the developer's country).

In crypto, I don't know how that could be done. I suppose everything would go under the radar until the developer exchanges crypto for FIAT, and at that moment he would only have to pay income taxes. That bypasses VAT, and I don't think the Goverment would like it.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 08:39:20 AM »

I'm not taking crypto seriously till you can go into a CVS or star bucks and scan your phone and pay for groceries or coffee with crypto.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 01:41:49 PM »

I'm not taking crypto seriously till you can go into a CVS or star bucks and scan your phone and pay for groceries or coffee with crypto.

This !

+ each time I hear about crypto there is always a scam involved

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic