Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:42:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSpace Is Dangerous - pre-alpha demo release! (19MB)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Is Dangerous - pre-alpha demo release! (19MB)  (Read 753 times)
CodeHardStudios
Level 0

We Are CodeHard Studios!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »

This project I've been working on for about a month now. It's called Space Is Dangerous, or SID for short. It is a platform defense type of game that's more than just defending from oncoming waves of attack. You also have to balance economy, as well as keep your surface colonies on the planet below productive and their workers happy by not overworking them. The idea of this game is to see how long you can last balancing all the game's aspects.

You start off with a main base in the middle which you have to protect as the enemy ships will be firing only toward the middle base unit. Once the main base is destroyed game is over even if you have other units on the tile grid. So you'll want to keep building gun turret and shield base units around the main base to absorb the oncoming weapons fire.

All the graphics you see I either created or generated, except for the ore icon and the texture on the rotating planet. Below is a link to a YouTube video showing it in action. The link below that is the early demo release so you can try it out. (Windows 10, PC) Let me know how the game runs. I only have it running at 30fps for the time being for debug purposes. The demo link shows a newer starry background texture that I generated.

YouTube Showcase Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8km3oRb-c&feature=youtu.be

Demo Download Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtL-r_YrxMuKhFnDPvahHlvGokFS?e=XTX0fe

As you see in this snapshot, there is a transparent dashed border denoting how many tiles you can open up in the current game difficulty level. The game is being played in "normal" mode. In the "easy" mode you'll have one more layer of tiles added outward. the harder modes will have less maximum open tiles with a smaller dashed transparent border.

There will also be a siege mode option to where your base is under constant (but slowly ramping up) attacks.

When one of your bases is destroyed, there is a chance it can fall to the planets surface. That will be denoted by a small flare animation near the planet. When this happens, the base debris will land on an empty spot on the planet below so the resources of that destroyed base can be partially reclaimed as scrap to build more bases. If a colony site exists on the planet below there is a small chance that the falling base debris will hit that colony and cause some damage and or deaths lowering the overall mood/morale of the people working in the colonies.

(When this gets implemented) Don't let the morale/mood of your working population get too low, or they will stop sending you shipments of ore to be processed into constructed components. Eventually each colony can be upgraded to process the ore into components to build bases, but from the start only your main base can process ore into constructed components. You want to make sure your workers below are paid and not overworked but that can get tricky down the line where you NEED the maximum output to last as long as you can.

There are going to be more aspects added to this work in progress. I hope I've given you enough info to take interest in this. Let me know what you think! Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:38:19 PM by CodeHardStudios » Logged

CodeHardStudios
Level 0

We Are CodeHard Studios!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 06:17:30 PM »

Here's some update on the progress of this project that I've recently had time to restart working on!

Let me know what you think of it so far!

LiamoBe
Level 0

Im Liam! And i am a Conten Creator. How about you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »

Looking good  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Liam Beran
CodeHardStudios
Level 0

We Are CodeHard Studios!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 12:05:02 PM »

Another update, Lots of little things!

CodeHardStudios
Level 0

We Are CodeHard Studios!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 02:20:35 PM »

Another update video dropped! Remember to leave a like, comment, and subscribe the channel for more!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic