Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:05:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThey Are Coming - A War of the Worlds Inspired Shooter Game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: They Are Coming - A War of the Worlds Inspired Shooter Game  (Read 3170 times)
TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:46:06 AM »

They Are Coming is a War of the World inspired third person Sci-Fi shooter where you control a lone soldier as he attempts to survive and save civilians from massive invading alien tripods!

Originally created for the UE4 MegaJam, and since continuing development, They Are Coming is a fantastic looking third-person shooter where you run down a highway, blasting aliens and massive War of the Worlds inspired tripods. The tripods in question most resemble the 2005 Tom Cruise iteration of HG Well’s classic and they’re pretty intimidating when you get up close to them. You can dispatch them by shooting them in the eye, but they’re accompanied by smaller, human-sized aliens who can quickly overwhelm you with gunfire if you’re not careful.

This game is an early prototype and is actively in development.

Download free prototype:
https://teamrevived.itch.io/they-are-coming

YouTube:

Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/revivedteam

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamRevived/

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/teamrevivedgames/

Gameplay footage

Future plans and updates:

This game will mostly be inspired by games like The Division, The last of us, Half-life 2 and Quake 3 and movies like War of the Worlds, Heat and The edge of tomorrow. War of the Worlds will remain a huge inspiration.

It will have many more features: Many levels to play, many different creatures. Some creatures and monsters will be shaped by particles and debris around them and have unique shapes. Some of the places will be procedural. There will be different weather systems and different locations like forests and cities.

It will have a live ecosystem. This ecosystem and creatures it produces will be watching the player and other people around them and will try to imitate some of their actions. There will be different modes to play, most importantly a survival mode. There will be even more features that we can't say yet until it's implemented. The game will include some scientific phenomenons too.

If you have any ideas or suggestions to make this game better, please let us know. Thank you all
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:53:45 AM by TeamRevived » Logged

ldebrasi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 06:10:13 AM »

Really cool! Congratulations!  Kiss

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 06:54:13 AM »

Thanks!

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 04:57:26 AM »

Working to add some cool laser destruction effect on the ground.

bakelord
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 06:44:58 AM »

That's looking great, i'm loving the atmosphere already Smiley
TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »

Thanks.

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 01:51:24 AM »

We are working on an upcoming map for They Are Coming. A Boss in the map is a giant ferocious snake. Here's a video of an early prototype:

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 12:45:54 AM »

A fearsome Tripod hunting people with its ferocious Tentacles

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 01:23:11 AM »

Wow! Amazing graphics and very promising gameplay. It looks like AAA title.

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 07:03:10 AM »

Thanks. We're working hard to make it better

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 04:43:54 AM »

We've made some improvements to Tripod. It's done entirely using Procedural Animation for our upcoming game.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 12:20:01 AM »

A fearsome Tripod hunting people with its ferocious Tentacles

This video clip with fog/atmospheric effect was what sold me on this project, looks absolutely incredible when it comes together. Please consider at least the fog as the default (Rather than what was in the online demo), it makes such a huge difference to the mood and will probably help with optimisation too!

If you haven't seen it, I think the atmospheric lighting/post processing for Mandy would serve as an excellent reference:

Look forward to seeing more from the game!

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 08:49:48 AM »

We've added Laser to our Tripod and made some other improvements to it.

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 05:54:38 AM »

New procedural design for creature movement. Our creature runs towards its target at a speed of 5000 units per second and is happy about it! Done entirely using Procedural Animation (WIP)

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 06:43:54 AM »

No Place to Hide - Tripod New Ability: Throwing Vehicles at Fleeing Crowds

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »

This looks great, very AAA. Gentleman Movie had great atmosphere, especially in cinema with good surround sound. Addicted

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 08:00:04 PM »

Hey,

I must admit I was wrong, please forgive me, when I saw your first post in 2020 my first impression was "another asset flip, this guy is throwing some basic fps and some movies-based monster skin." so I ignored your dev blog and now I clicked on it by curiosity, I was very pleasantly impressed by your progress and I totally changed my old first impression into a positive one.
 I love how your new tripod mechanics not only bring that polish effect but also contribute to gameplay and to source material fidelity, all these things combined create a very amazing depth to the game atmosphere.

Good job, you have my respect sir  Gentleman

Please keep the updates coming

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 02:40:25 AM »

Thank you so much. That's very nice of you. We've done much which we'll gradually reveal.

miroz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 06:50:27 AM »

This looks very cool and thrilling.
I'm wondering if you'll add more ways to destroy the tripods in addition to hitting them in the eye? Destroying their legs to slow them or bring them down, or using the environment against them?

TeamRevived
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »

Thanks. We're considering different ways and scenarios to defeat the Tripods. But on the other hand, with new abilities which will be implemented in near future, they're going to be mighty strong.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic