Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:30:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPrototype - Online Tile Battler, looking for feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prototype - Online Tile Battler, looking for feedback.  (Read 487 times)
Spectragate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2020, 08:34:04 AM »

This prototype is an online tile battle game you can play in HTML5:
Try in Browser: http://spectragate.com/proto_bl3build0024

About
I've been working on this puzzle game in my spare time for about 6 months now. It's still very early on in development, so all the graphics are placeholder, there is no music and there's only 6 abilities right now. It is playable though, so it would be great if some of you could give it a try and had any feedback.

Current modes are the tutorial, single player against the CPU and online versus.

Feedback
If you take the time to check out the prototype, please let me know of any bugs you run into, gameplay quibbles or tutorial confusions. I plan on tweaking the tutorial pretty heavily once actual artwork starts to come in (instead of the placeholder art it has now), but I would still appreciate any feedback in that area.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:32:26 AM by Spectragate » Logged

George Hennen
Level 0

yeet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 12:06:55 PM »

good luck
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »

Hello Spectragate ,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Spectragate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »

Thanks for taking a look jbarrios. Looks like you've been on a playtesting spree on the forums  Smiley

To explain some confusion in the tutorial, LOOP paths are matched based on the paths you create, ignoring any numbers on the tile. So as long as the paths (the little legs on the tiles) form a loop, you'll score points. It looks like I had a grammatical error in the tutorial which made it confusing. It seems you figured it out afterwards, but I'll be sure to update that. I also need to fix some of the typos - as soon as you started reading the sentences out loud I was like "..oh..that sentence sounded fine in my head".

Also, thanks for pointing out the bug with the ability descriptions not appearing. I made some changes to the temporary menus and broke the text. Woops! It's amazing how bug-blind you get you're just playing it and programming it.

One thing your video highlighted also is, I need to cut down on the length of the tutorial Wink. At the moment it's kind of placeholder tutorial since I want to make a more visual guide later, but the current version is quite...wordy.

One question if you happen to stop by this thread: In the video you mention you didn't know where the healthbars were. In the video it seems they were cut off at the top - was that just in the video, or was the the browser window you were playing in cutting them off?

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, much appreciated!  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic