Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:17:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA bomberman / poe mashup game I made for a talent competition
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A bomberman / poe mashup game I made for a talent competition  (Read 686 times)
r1korus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2020, 04:24:51 PM »

https://nikovu.itch.io/woke-runz

I made this game for a path of exile talent competition, its my take on a boss fight from poe with the mechanics of bomberman. If you have any feedback I'd greatly appreciate it!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:49:00 PM by r1korus » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »

Hello r1korus,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

r1korus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 04:32:45 PM »

@jbarrios thanks for taking the time to play this and for the feedback! What you said about the windups for attacks definitely makes sense and is something my friends found frustrating as well, and I think adding telegraphs would help with the difficulty, as the game turned out to be a lot harder than I wanted.
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:39:10 AM »

interesting concept. i found it unforgiving in some situations though: the boulders block all paths then the boss shoots fireballs, most of the time i couldn't find any possible way to dodge them. also, when the boss shoots the big beam, it's also quite impossible to dodge it.

in the first case, you could have some holes in the ground then the boulders rising, to allow the player time to escape. in the second case, perhaps have the beam start small then growing in length (kind of like the jedi lightsaber).

one of the Many
Micah.WhiteBoxGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 08:26:05 AM »

Feedback

• Need ability to walk through your bombs
    Needs warning for spear attack
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic