Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:53:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDrift Worlds - Buggy release needs more testers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Drift Worlds - Buggy release needs more testers  (Read 1202 times)
MomasVII
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »

Hi everyone,

I recently released my game on the Play Store.

The release didn't go as smoothly as I would like and I have had some bug reports that I have quickly squashed but could always use need testing and feedback. You can find the link here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.UndividedGames.DriftWorlds

Drift Worlds.

After years of solo development I am excited to finally say I have released my pride and joy, Drift Worlds. Drift Worlds is an arcade racer that meets real world graphics. It has aspects of both outrageous scenarios and real world physics. You will find yourself driving across desert plateau's, above the clouds across snowy tundras or deep in the depths of a volcano. There are plenty of levels that I will constantly be expanding on and with dozens of cars to choose from there will be plenty to work towards.

The Idea is simple. Enter a level and race against yourself or against the current record holder. You will work towards getting 5 stars for the level to unlock more and to earn more money. It also has real crash physics that will dint and damage your car the more you crash and fall.
MomasVII
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:01:05 PM »

Here is a new gameplay trailer for everyone to enjoy!

Rain8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »

Hi,

This is a really nice looking game, pretty well made too, especially for a solo developer.

I haven't encountered any major bugs during my playtest, just some few minor issues:

• During registration I tried using single letters first which responds into "invalid name", which is fine, but it better give some reason like "name is too short" or "user with this name already exists", maybe it does it in some cases, I don't know, that's the only one I've encountered.
  • Back button doesn't work, which is fine in game, since everything has a transition, but it also means you can't get out of fullscreen ads or exit the game normally, maybe it's just Unity thing, I kind of notice it a lot lately.
  • Speaking of exit, "Exit" button in top left corner in the garage does exact same thing as Keys button in the bottom mid, maybe it should exit application since back button doesn't work.
  • It's not entirely clear how much stars you need to unlock next level. Maybe it's just me missing something but tutorial level required 3 stars, when I got 3 stars on the next Ice level it didn't unlock anything. Again, maybe I just missed something or there's indication somewhere but I didn't notice it

Otherwise, great job. Seems like a lot of work was put into this. Cheers  Coffee
MomasVII
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 09:14:58 PM »

Hi,

This is a really nice looking game, pretty well made too, especially for a solo developer.

I haven't encountered any major bugs during my playtest, just some few minor issues:

• During registration I tried using single letters first which responds into "invalid name", which is fine, but it better give some reason like "name is too short" or "user with this name already exists", maybe it does it in some cases, I don't know, that's the only one I've encountered.
  • Back button doesn't work, which is fine in game, since everything has a transition, but it also means you can't get out of fullscreen ads or exit the game normally, maybe it's just Unity thing, I kind of notice it a lot lately.
  • Speaking of exit, "Exit" button in top left corner in the garage does exact same thing as Keys button in the bottom mid, maybe it should exit application since back button doesn't work.
  • It's not entirely clear how much stars you need to unlock next level. Maybe it's just me missing something but tutorial level required 3 stars, when I got 3 stars on the next Ice level it didn't unlock anything. Again, maybe I just missed something or there's indication somewhere but I didn't notice it

Otherwise, great job. Seems like a lot of work was put into this. Cheers  Coffee

Thanks for the feedback,

I've tried my best to iron out any game destroying bugs so glad to hear i'm doing alright there.

The Exit button is used to exit without changes where the keys let you choose the current car and color you have selected. Maybe not entirely clear but they differ in that way. Say you scroll to the end of the car list and are like cool I want to leave, you don't have to find your car and hit the keys.

I actually recently updated the fact you can't tell when a new level is unlocked. It's not much but the Home icon in the top right will have a notification on it when there is more to do on the Home screen.

Thanks again for the feedback. I have a big update in the works so stay tuned.
MomasVII
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 06:38:02 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have just pushed a new release that makes the game go from 30FPS to 60FPS. It's a huge difference and runs very smoothly. Also the store prices have been slashed by 50%!.

Feedback is appreciated on how smoothly it runs on your device. <3
danparks
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:00 PM »

Saw your new trailer today. Looks interesting!
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 05:55:47 AM »

Will give this a shot - quick racer games are nice during breaks Smiley
MomasVII
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 08:05:22 AM »

Made some updates to lower end devices. Hopefully can cater to more devices now Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic