Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:02:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBeat The Castle | A Destructive Web Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beat The Castle | A Destructive Web Game  (Read 605 times)
InfiniteGamesDS
Level 0

It's mee!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:10 AM »

Hello! I made this game in three days for the Brackeys gamejam, is a mix between those destructive old flash games and visually inspired in Break the Tower, today i will finish the final details of the game, so i decided to drop here the game and let you guys try it out and let me know your feedback, and of course.. Have fun! Hand Joystick Hand Joystick

PD: I am aware of the fact that weapons must be finished today.  Gentleman

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 11:45:05 AM »

Hello InfiniteGamesDS ,

I played your game.  I recorded my play-through:

werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 06:42:11 PM »

bit late to the feedback party, but here's mine.

sometimes, the cursor gets stuck for no apparent reason, just by hovering over the terrain. when trying to place an item, sometimes it's not possible - perhaps indicate that placement is not possible before-hand (by changing the cursor to an interdiction icon or the like). because of this, it's kind of annoying to play.

it's not immediate apparent that you can rotate around if you hover the cursor at the edge. perhaps show some hints.

regarding the mechanics, i'm kind of like it, but i dislike the randomness of it. to test the castle defenders reactions, i've tried settings up a small defensive position comprised of 5 catapults and 5 cannons in front of them. in less than 30 seconds, the cannons were gone - they pretty much acted as very expensive mines. because it's not very clear where/how the cannons shoot, it's impossible to formulate a strategy of placing stuff around, so i opted instead to place mines on top of the attackers Smiley

it would be nice to replace the billboards for the cannons with real 3d objects, it would give the game a different feeling.

one of the Many
Micah.WhiteBoxGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 06:12:51 AM »

I really like the concept of the game. Its very fun and addictive. A few suggestions I hope that might help advance the game:

•   Defeated castle
o   Option 1: I noticed even in your video you mentioned you clearly won the game. I would recommend a “surrender” option if the castle is destroyed by X amount and give the player a X amount as reward.
o   Option 2: Fast forward the game play at the expense of loosing a little money. 
•   Graphics
o   I understand the game was made in a game jam. I recommend updating the graphics and posting it as a mobile & web-based game. The game s very simple in its nature so you need something that stands out. Having good graphics would be a key selling point.
•   Upgrade System   
o   It would be nice to “upgrade” the weapons. I don’t think it would be a lot of work to add a “upgrade” menu and allow weapons to do more damage or shoot faster etc at the expense of more money or even premium costs.
•   Ships
o   I love the fact it’s on an island. It made me think it would be neat to have ships and maybe pirate ships as enemies as well. The ships could also fire on the castle.
•   Castle Weapons
o   The castle appears to be defenseless for the most part. Maybe the castle could have mounted cannons as well.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic