Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:32:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurn Me Twice - Death is only the beginning [Adventure game]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Burn Me Twice - Death is only the beginning [Adventure game]  (Read 6127 times)
Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »

Status update

Hi! How is everyone doing?
After a lot of work, we can finally say that Chapter 2 (the longer and main one) is fully playable from start to finish!
It took a bit longer than expected, but we believe that the result will be worth it. So, what are we going to do now? Mainly, the following:

•   Design and implement the third and final chapter of the game, that serves as the conclusion of the main storyline
•   Implement the feedback we received in our private playtestings to improve the overall game experience
•   Polish, testing, and bug fixing of the game
•   Implement Steam achievements
•   Launch the game on May 25th!

There is still a lot to do until release, but now that the largest part of the game is complete, we are motivated to give everything we have these last days.
Thank you for following our devlogs and for your support!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 01:40:55 AM »

Whoop whoop! Hang there for the last stretch! Coffee Hand Thumbs Up Right
Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »

The forest and the old tavern

Hi! How are you doing?
These past days we've shared on our Twitter a few sneak peaks of two new areas of Düstenburg!

There's dust everywhere! And they expect someone to come to this place to drink a beer? The bottles even have spider webs around them!
Who oversees this tavern?! I want to speak to the manager!

This GIF shows some of the trees that can be found in the forest that is located next to the city.
It is a small area that leads to other one that we have not announced yet, so stay tuned to learn more about it in future updates!

Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

The chosen prototype - Before Burn Me Twice #3

This is the prototype that the team selected and the real precursor to Burn Me Twice.
Almost all the pillars of BMT were already present on “The Inquisitor”, the working title of the project.
Mainly, the ability of speaking to the dead, restarting the day, an event system that allows the characters to make different actions depending on the time of the day...

It also had a trial after the investigation segment, even if it was a very basic one:

The team fell in love with the concept and started brainstorming ideas on how to expand it. What if the witch was a detective? Which districts should the town have? How could we expand the trials that happened at the end of the day? Which cool puzzles could we create with the "switching between worlds" mechanic?

And that's a wrap on our #BeforeBMT!

We hope you liked this blast from the past as much as we did. All these prototypes we shared in this section of the devlogs were conceptualized, designed, and programmed in September of 2019.
Thank you for your support and stay tuned for more Burn Me Twice content, releasing on Steam May 25th!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »

Thank you for your support and stay tuned for more Burn Me Twice content, releasing on Steam May 25th!
Dang, that's soon!
Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 12:03:23 PM »

Abigail von Rattenhartz

Meet the main character of Burn Me Twice!
Also known as the Witch of the Abyss, she can visit the Realm of the Dead and communicate with the spirits of the deceased.
Unfortunately, she has been captured by the inquisitors, who have promised to liberate her in exchange for helping them in an investigation.

Dang, that's soon!

Indeed!

Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

Gaspar Flameberg

Gaspar is the extravagant bailiff of the Saint Lunnerian Inquisition.
He was raised in a family in which traditionally, almost all of its members grows up to become an inquisitor.
He’s convinced that his moustache has a sixth sense that makes it itch every time something suspicious is in front of his nose.

Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2020, 02:13:48 PM »

Original soundtrack

Today we wanted to showcase the work of our incredible composers, Sara Garcia and Adrián Terán!

Sara is a young and talented composer from Spain and most of her compositions are the ones that can be heard in the locations of Düstenburg that are more related with Inquisition. During trials, in the Castle and in Abigail’s cell… That’s when you will hear her music, like the Witches’ tower theme:

On the other hand, Adrián is a 12-year-old prodigy and he has composed many of the themes you can hear through the game, including the Town, the epic third chapter and Hospital themes. You can listen to the Hospital theme here:

You can find Sara on Twitter, and Adrian on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.

Null Reference
Level 0

@NullRefStudio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 07:48:56 AM »

Burn Me Twice released on Steam!

Hi! Our game is now on available on Steam!
Development has been an intense journey since the beginning, but we are very happy with the end result!
Three chapters. Magic powers. Investigate a town filled with secrets. Participate in medieval trials. And for free.

THANK YOU for following this journey! We hope that you love Burn Me Twice as much as we do <3

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic