Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:44:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoMy First Coup d'État (vague not-even-early stage)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My First Coup d'État (vague not-even-early stage)  (Read 3835 times)
Akatosh
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »

Hey kids! Do you know, how your parents keep and keep droning on about "patriotism" and "loving your fatherland" and somesuch? Well, as I'm sure your daddy already told you, that is a very good thing, and revolves mostly about blowing up communists and being a member of the military (or at least drunk and armed). Well, it's the same in the small South American nation of Tropicana, and although Tropicana has many good people, none are more patriotic than Il Generalissimo Magnifico!

"Hi kids!"

Yessir, there's nothing he likes more than keeping the country safe, and he has definitly never blown up a village out of sheer boredom, and the bad, bad men on tee-vee kept saying! But - oh no! What's this?

Mean old president Meaniface "Roach" McBadstuff (CNN usually lies about his name, too) keeps supporting the terrorists! He has even introduced a Land Reform program, which steals from the nice, wealthy eilte and gives to the unwashed braindead masses! And he's even about to declare "elections", like those that brought the bad dark-skinned man into office (your father keeps screaming about it when he's drunk, remember?)!

"Blargh blargh blargh! I hate fun! Blargh blargh blargh!"

Can Il Generalissimo stop him before it's too late? You have to help him, kids!!  Concerned

So, yeah. If I actually get around to doing this, it's gonna be a classical point'n'click adventure game, with enough cynicism to give Ol' Scratch the heebly-jeeblies. Resolution-wise, I'm thinking 640x480, maybe 800x600, depends on how much detail I want to cram into the sprites. It's going to use AGS.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:36 AM »

good god I love this idea. Great title too.
Akatosh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »

Heh, thanks. Here's to hoping I actually get this made.  Beer!
haroldoop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:26:09 AM »

Sounds like a nice Ha, Ha, only serious idea!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic