Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:05:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs Shadows of Entropy. A 2d Atmospheric Metroidvania. One Hit Deaths
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Shadows of Entropy. A 2d Atmospheric Metroidvania. One Hit Deaths  (Read 7214 times)
Suttebun
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »

Your art has such a theatric feel to it.
If you wanted - I imagine you could really explore the small stuff with cutscenes.
emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »

THANK YOU! I'm working on new art

I think the colours aren't right yet, but hell, it looks cool.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:18:42 AM by emscape » Logged

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 10:26:08 PM »

Hi All, Thanks for all the support lately. I've been blessed to have an extra composer on the team and a couple of friends want to help me out to do more coding. This weekend I made a new tileset, wrappig up the work I did for the decoration assets:

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 02:56:55 PM »

WOW, you have here some really atmospheric artwork and the amount of details is fantastic.
Good job sir!

What are the core pillars of gameplay?

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »

I can proudly announce that we added a composer to the team :D

WOW, you have here some really atmospheric artwork and the amount of details is fantastic.
Good job sir!

The gameplay is a bit puzzly platformery, since this is a metroid vania. The following makes it unique:
  • One-hit deaths for everyone.
  • Very quick respawning with checkpoints always close
  • Respawning is canon so corpses will stay
  • Every Character has 2 ability slots, so combined with a one-hit death the combat will be a bit like real time chess in terms of how you'd need to navigate the environment while fighting

Doing fast runs and unlocking secrets will be a key part of the game. (although timed tests will be kept to a minimum)

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 06:06:05 AM »

Did improvements in th ehandling of the main character while moving, also working on lighting and a menu screen.

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »

trying some  new music

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iCQP9sBbjF-zndNQZB9uKMpFPrHfzfWm/view?usp=sharing

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »

To Display some stuff I've been working on recently:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:18:02 PM by emscape » Logged

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

working on some more art and shaders. Also revamped most of the movement controls to look more organic and incite play more thoughtful than the rambo style we embodied until now. Just a couple more attacks / skills and the world building can commence.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »

I can proudly announce that we added a composer to the team :D

Good job sir!

The gameplay is a bit puzzly platformery, since this is a metroid vania. The following makes it unique:
  • One-hit deaths for everyone.
  • Very quick respawning with checkpoints always close
  • Respawning is canon so corpses will stay
  • Every Character has 2 ability slots, so combined with a one-hit death the combat will be a bit like real time chess in terms of how you'd need to navigate the environment while fighting

Doing fast runs and unlocking secrets will be a key part of the game. (although timed tests will be kept to a minimum)

That sounds good.
So if I understand right, you aim for hardcore players target audience aka old school difficulty

When do you plan on starting a coming soon page? Assuming you plan a Steam release

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

I plan to start kick-off the game marketing wise as soon as I've been granted permission by my employer. I hope I'll be able to ask formally at the end of the month.

Last month I manage to turn down the speed of the game a little to make it a little more like the old castlevania's / prince of persia. Fit's better with the atmosphere to not have a lightning fast character.

Still want to keep the combat etc quickly developing, just slightly more tactical and less jittery. In terms of hardcoreness. I want to both cater to  the hardcore crowd as well as nostalgical gamers but having the checkpoints quickly following eachother and still some of your progress stay when you die (not all NPC's / Enemies have the power to respawn)

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2021, 04:36:32 PM »

SOME NEW STUFF

Suttebun
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 04:04:39 AM »

holy smokes, what great amount of progress you've made! Wizard really now, kudos
emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2021, 05:53:16 PM »

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2023, 09:29:41 AM »

Guess who's alive and kicking? I've been having a burnout for most of the past couple of years, but I managed to spend some time at least keeping the project alive.

That sounds good.
So if I understand right, you aim for hardcore players target audience aka old school difficulty

When do you plan on starting a coming soon page? Assuming you plan a Steam release

I am as soon as I'm allowed to. This more or less still is a prototype but it has loads of fun things in it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 08:13:37 PM by emscape » Logged

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2023, 11:28:50 AM »

Looks awesome!

emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2024, 09:21:31 AM »

Made some new concept art. I'm also setting up a company because I now have the opportunity to make my dreams come true. If anyone wants to join my Patreon to recieve tutorials and assets feel free to join! Even the free tier comes with goodies.
https://www.patreon.com/EmscapeProductionsStudioInsiders/posts

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 09:28:42 AM by emscape » Logged

mecholdem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2024, 10:34:27 AM »

fu
emscape
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2024, 01:12:35 AM »

Also made an ending screen