Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:31:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoI HAVE CANDY GET IN THE VAN [NSFW] [V1.000]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: I HAVE CANDY GET IN THE VAN [NSFW] [V1.000]  (Read 131844 times)
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Exactly. Raping them is terrible and will leave them mentally scared for life and eating them will only kill them.

Why do we live in a society that perceives rape as being worse than murder?  Given the choice I'm pretty sure I'd find some lube.

-PENCERKOFF

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

"Let's not turn this rape into a murder!"

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »

Um, actually I already have Torture and Murder commands.  I just don't have an Eat command.

I have a Taste command... but it's really not the same thing.  I'll leave that to your imagination.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »

I like where this game going. Does that make me a bad person? Have I said this already? Crazy

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »

Okay, stage 2 is done.  I still need to do some graphics (all PG, relax.)  I'll be doing that tomorrow. 

Thank God half of it is done.  The code is a real mess (don't even get me started on my wonky control loop), but it gets the job done... on my computer at least.

Hopefully I finish a draft of the game before the deadline, so I can get some testers to help me out.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »

Wow, it turns out I really can't draw to save my life.

The next few days are gonna be painful.  Facepalm

EDIT:  I cannot BELIEVE how demoralizing it is to do these graphics.  I want to cry.  Sad

PS:  I added a crappy screenshot to the first post.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:50:13 PM by Aquin » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 12:47:28 PM »

Sounds like this game's being very unconfortable for you to make. Is there something specific that drives you?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2009, 12:53:08 PM »

Heh.  Yeah.

I wish I could say that making games is something fun for me to do.  It kinda isn't.  But I feel compelled to do this work.  I mean, REALLY compelled.  If I was religious, I would describe it as a divine will.

I can't stop what I'm doing... at the cost of everything in my life.  It will literally destroy me some day.  And I don't want to stop.

I'm sure many developers have this sort of self-destructive passion.
===

As for this game in particular, well... the game is about something important.  It's not just some gratuitous child-rape-sim.  It has something to say and I'm not gonna get in its way.

As for the graphics, I've decided to throw them out.  The text conveys a more startling imagery than my pen ever could.  I have some graphics for the class-room and HUD, but that's it. 

However, there are two stages in this game.  The warehouse stage is mostly text-driven.  The driving-around-in-a-van stage is very NES-like in appearance and controls.  I can handle low-res pixel art though, so that will be just fine.

I hope I finish in time for the competition.

====

Speaking of which, does anyone care to help me beta-test the second stage?  It's done now and I'd like some technical/narrative feedback.  Are there bugs?  Does it not work?  Is there an error in the text?  Do you have suggestions for gameplay?

I wanna hear it all!  Just post here and I'll send you a link in a PM.

EDIT: I'll have a release build done in a few hours.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:37:25 PM by Aquin » Logged

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »

I'm finding this game more and more interesting (and I'm very curious to see what the gameplay is like). Smiley

Hell, I guess I could help.

Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »

I'd love to beta-test the second stage.

I'm also interested in how this will turn out.
Spincut
Level 1

Playing the games you make

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 01:15:59 AM »

Joan of Arc, is that you? Shocked

Regardless, I'm sure that you'll create the game that it wants to be created as...? Good luck, and I eagerly await your release.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »

I've spent the whole day learning how to scroll and isometric hit detection and blah blah blah.

Oh, did I mention that this will be my first completed game?  I have so many abandoned projects hiding in a forgotten folder on my backup drive.

This 'making games' stuff is tough business.  I feel like my head is about to come right off just from all this code.  Hopefully my stamina is sufficient for this busywork.

And hopefully tomorrow is more productive.  Facepalm

EDIT: Just occurred to me that perhaps a game about child molesting may not be the best way to enter the 'indie scene'.  Too late now.  Durr...?

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »

Only indie developers could do something like this, so don't worry about that Smiley  Also, I really like the sound of this and would love to help beta test the game<3

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2009, 10:42:09 PM »

The work continues.  I finally have z-depth for my objects and I'll be doing collisions next (which is already mostly done.)  I'll be adding children and adults in the next few days.  Also, I'll be adding "Hotspots."

A Hotspot is a place where you can hang out with the kids you already have in your van.  You can take them out for pizza or to the park or any yellow zone that lets you park. 

If you so choose, you may indulge in *secret activities* in the bushes instead of helping out at the swing-set.

The van pictured in the screeny is the Ice Cream Truck.  There will be several models to choose from.

And don't expect the art to get much better than this bare minimum I have now.  I really can't draw.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »

The bare-minimum can still look very good. Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »

And don't expect the art to get much better than this bare minimum I have now.  I really can't draw.
Given the game's topic, I think it would be best if the game's graphics remained as far as possible from realistic imagery.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »

Theta, it won't take long for you to realize I have the mentality and disposition of a naive 12-year old.  I couldn't possibly bring myself to visualize something like that.

I could barely write it down for the text boxes.

---

Progress goes okay.  Hit detection and driving around finally works, as do z-ordering on sprites and what-not.  I had never done that kind of code (not using a pre-built framework... mainly because I don't know any) so it did take awhile.  Hopefully it does the job.

I'll be adding NPCs tomorrow.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »

wow.  this is just... wow.

why do you continue, even though its so emotionally wrenching?  i'd want to kill myself if i made a game like this.

i'm not sure why you're making this.  what's the message you're trying to get across?  are you trying to show the horrors of child molestation from the molester's view?  are you trying to see the depths to which you can push yourself for art?

i honestly don't know where i stand on this until your point or message is obvious.

also, the new york times won't care what your reasoning or message is.  with a chance like this, the most reputable newspapers will be chomping at the bit to chomp you to bits.

day 1:  "CHILD MOLESTER MAKES HORRIFYING VIDEO GAME"
day 2:  "ALL VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS ARE CHILD MOLESTERS"
day 3:  "VIDEO GAMING IS TANTAMOUNT TO CHILD MOLESTATION"

since this identity is fairly anonymous, i would like to offer you some reassurance.  i am a minor.  i admire your dedication to your art, and i admire your will to push yourself to further and further depths for your craft.  however, to make this a muslim massacre-style "ha-ha-ha, controversy"-fest would kill the gravity and importance of this game.  it is your duty to make this the most despicable, deplorable, disgusting, realistic game ever made.  in this way, you won't offend people who, like me, have been affected by child molestation.  as perverted as it may seem, i think by doing this, you will give this game a deep meaning, of retribution for those abused... and cold, shocking enlightenment for those unaware of the problem.

i don't attempt to speak for anyone else, or their feelings on the subject, but that is my opinion, as a minor affected by child molestation.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »

When I started making this game, I wanted it to be a joke.

But then I realized that 'keeping it light' would be pretty insulting to victims of the act.  The only way I could really pull this off with any humanity was to make it as horrible as I could.  But it's not gratuitous either.  I want you to identify with each child (they each have their own personalities and dialogue) and feel like you're really doing these deplorable acts to a real human being.

But at the same time, I don't want to force the player into the role unless they go down that path.  The game is... not quite what you would expect. It's not all villainy and is presented as a strange and immoral slippery slope.

Why do I keep doing this?  I dunno.  I feel like it needs to be done.  I haven't the slightest reason why I feel that way. 

What am I trying to get across?  What's the message?  Geebus, I'm not smart enough to have an answer for that.  I guess the game will be and say whatever it is you wish.  I can't possibly fill that gap for anyone.

I can say that my play-testers found it intriguing, but they weren't sure how to play it.  Do you want a high score?  Do you want to help these children?  Do you want to punish them?  What are the rules of the game?

Good question.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »

When I started making this game, I wanted it to be a joke.

But then I realized that 'keeping it light' would be pretty insulting to victims of the act.  The only way I could really pull this off with any humanity was to make it as horrible as I could.  But it's not gratuitous either.  I want you to identify with each child (they each have their own personalities and dialogue) and feel like you're really doing these deplorable acts to a real human being.

But at the same time, I don't want to force the player into the role unless they go down that path.  The game is... not quite what you would expect. It's not all villainy and is presented as a strange and immoral slippery slope.

Why do I keep doing this?  I dunno.  I feel like it needs to be done.  I haven't the slightest reason why I feel that way. 

What am I trying to get across?  What's the message?  Geebus, I'm not smart enough to have an answer for that.  I guess the game will be and say whatever it is you wish.  I can't possibly fill that gap for anyone.

I can say that my play-testers found it intriguing, but they weren't sure how to play it.  Do you want a high score?  Do you want to help these children?  Do you want to punish them?  What are the rules of the game?

Good question.

well, how much room for interpretation is left in the game?  instead of molesting children in the game, can you choose to go home and watch tv?  is becoming a rapist inevitable?  do your emotions and actions affect you as the game moves?  can you, say, find religion?  commit suicide?  do even more heinous things?

you should definitely not make it gratuitous.  i guess what i meant was to make this a game that makes you question yourself, feel bad about yourself, and to especially make it one you can't stand emotionally aside from.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic