Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:49:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSchool of Magic - A Deckbuilding, Hack and Slay, Roguelike - Free Demo available
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: School of Magic - A Deckbuilding, Hack and Slay, Roguelike - Free Demo available  (Read 965 times)
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2020, 01:00:28 AM »

Title     School of Magic
Platform   PC
Genre     Deckbuilding, Hack and Slash, Roguelike
Engine     Unity

Link to the Free Prologue

School of Magic is a Hack and Slay Roguelike game with a deckbuilding leveling system. Combine spells, face reckless creatures and make wise choices on the way to passing the entrance exam of the School of Magic.

Trailer

Introduction

Screenshots

Steampage
Full version

The last couple of weeks I was working on the Trailer, the Steampage and other things related to the announcement. I am looking forward to pushing the game forward, but I am currently on parental leave, So expect more updates starting with april.

If you have any questions, feedback or whatever else, please let me know.

Regards Niki
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:46:49 AM by PartTimeIndie » Logged
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:17:46 AM »

The free prologue just released on Steam. I would love to hear your feedback.

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »

Hey,
I played prologue on steam and I'm very impressed. Overall graphics have a nice coherent style with those lightning and particle effects make a very good impression. Spells are also neatly presented and easy to use. There are two things I would consider changing. Maybe fonts could be more characteristic and fitting to the style of the game. And the second thing is the music. It's nice, but in my opinion, it should change a bit. For example, when you explore areas it could be calmer, and when enemies attack it could be a little more dramatic. Added to wishlist Smiley

PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 11:23:39 AM »

Thanks for the Feedback and I am glad you liked the game.
About the sounds, yes I am planning to change the sounds somewhat up I just did not get to it yet. It will take some effort to create a more dynamic soundtrack, but it is definatly on my list.

And about the fonts, I still need to look into that. I am always torn between readability and flavour. Don't you like the font used for the Spell names etc?
Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »

The font used in spell names was very good.
I meant font used in conversations. But there's always a dilemma. The more sophisticated font gives character, but is also harder to read, especially when there is a lot of text. It can take strain on your eyes. 

PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 09:57:12 PM »

Ah yes I understand, you are right I should probably look for a better font for that.
Thanks for the feedback.
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »

I just released a major update to the School of Magic Prologue as well as new Trailers and Screenshots to better reflect the current state of the game. I updated the first post here as well. If anyone could give me feedback on the game it would be greatly appreciated.
PartTimeIndie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 06:18:27 AM »

I am glad to announce that School of Magic is part of the @IndieArena Booth at gamescom this year. I am looking forward to chatting with all of you.

If you dont know what the indie Arena booth is you can watch this years trailer here:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic