Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneraldoes anyone read the dev logs?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: does anyone read the dev logs?  (Read 8793 times)
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2020, 04:52:16 PM »

Not so, as there is a view count on the topics themselves.  I won't reiterate myself a third time, however.  You are absolutely free to feel how you feel, and I am as well.

I seek not to judge, merely to make observations based on the proposed circumstance.  Ideas are a dime in a dozen; there is only merit and value to a product that finds itself towards some sort of completion.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2020, 02:24:17 AM »

the counter is how many people clicked not how many people read you doofus
also ffs stop using words you obviously don't understand
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:33:03 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2020, 04:34:20 AM »

Why are we here?

There was once a dream that was Indie Games. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish. So fragile, and I fear it will not survive the winter.

Let us whisper together you and I.

Dr. Büni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2020, 09:02:54 AM »

I'm sure they do, as I do as well, but I will only say something if I have something to say.  If my singular comment is the difference between a project dying and it being continued, then it wasn't worth very much from the start.
Sometimes all a person needs is a word of encouragement to keep working hard on their project. I don't think it has anything to do with the project being worth of very much or nothing at all.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2020, 12:09:05 PM »

Yeah, even a single compliment can go a long way for sure. I remember when a small youtuber did a let's play of one of my games, it made my day and encouraged me to pursue that game's idea further!

friendlinzh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »

i can learn a lot of things from the game dev blog
marcAKAmarc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »

As a relatively new user here, I pretty much only look at the dev logs.  I follow Leilani's Island currently, and have followed the Obra Dinn in the past.  There are some other ones that I pull inspiration from, but I don't usually return to them.  I'm actually about to start my own dev log here in a few weeks.  Wish I knew this place like you old heads do.

Spirit Galleon
Level 0

Heck.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:56 PM »

As someone that used to frequent the forums quite a bit a few years ago, I will say that even back then the devlogs often felt deserted. I don't know what thread subsciption means, as I don't know how you'd even get notifications for that in the first place. Is there some kind of forum feed you can connect to the browser?
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2020, 03:07:40 AM »

In this context it means that when you reply to a thread it'll start showing up in the "Show new replies to your posts" link.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 04:49:23 AM »

I still think a Like button would do wonders for lurkers. That way you dont have to feel posting "cool" is spam or smth

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 06:10:49 AM »

You have a point, but then why not immediately go to emojis so people can specify what they feel?

Also, the upside of this is that the signal/noise ratio is much better on fora
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic