Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:49:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFirst Person Kungfu Shooter (GunsBritannica Over Haul)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First Person Kungfu Shooter (GunsBritannica Over Haul)  (Read 678 times)
Monolyth Himself
Level 0

Hey guys, Mono here.

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »

Guns Britannica Over Haul

Hi guys, I'm Monolyth. This is something I've been working on recently.

Description

> Its a 1st Person Shooter where your punches and kicks shoot bullets.

> Like a fighting game, it lets you use button mashing to shoot more powerful bullets.

I just want to know what you think of the combat.
Is it decent,
Is it broken,
or somewhere in between.
Any other feedback is appreciated.

Here's a link to the build.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z-V3xOmDfXierp8LFahiyTwtbjgrXw-N [29MB]

Just download the 29 MB zip file, unzip it, click the executable in the folder & you're good to go!

Lemme know what you think, even if its brutal.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:43:48 PM by Monolyth Himself » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 07:26:53 PM »

Hello there. :)

I was never a big fan of these kinds of combos in melee games, rather preferred things closer to Die by the Sword, but it was actually fun to see it applied to a shooter! Reminded me of some mode to Unreal Tournament (the old one), where you had spells instead of guns.
Shooters (especially 1st person) being my favourite genre, I must say: quite interesting and fun idea you got here - very decent! :))

To comment on the technical side though, I was not able to perform most of the moves, it seemed the game does not care how many times I actually pressed the buttons (at least most of the time it felt like it), and instead spams combos rather randomly (and mostly the basic combos) - but that just might be me. ;) It also seemed that my hands (the ingame ones ;D) kinda "lag" a lot (glitching or smthng).

Besides combat: It was kinda strange to be basically kept in air and going up and up constantly by simply shooting anything downward. I get that this is a kung-fu theme game, but then I would remove this kind of flying - or rework it, or restrict it to only one kind of "bullet" -, and add some serious jumping, because at this moment the spacebar jump is pretty regular (I would not mind being able to jump way up on those pillars you got in the first level - I dont wont to fly up there casually while shooting at the hordes under me).
Also might want to slow down the movement speed a little bit, it maaay be a little too fast-paced - although I do assume future addition of some kind of anime jumps/dashes etc. ;)

Good luck, and keep it brutal. :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:32:32 PM by DarkGran » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic