Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:48:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkREM Cycles is seeking a musician/sound designer [filled]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: REM Cycles is seeking a musician/sound designer [filled]  (Read 1435 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:45:51 AM »

REM Cycles is a turn-based tactics roguelite that takes place within a dream. When they fall asleep, 10 people are suddenly transported to this dream with no goal other than to find out how to get themselves out. Over the course of the game, the player advances through six areas with their own bosses, enemies, and landscapes, working towards a mysterious antagonist who appears to be keeping someone asleep in order to retain power within the dream. In between levels, the player can initiate Fire Emblem-style support conversations between pairs of characters, learning more about them and their background in the process. These conversations are frequently funny, but the overarching story is somewhat serious and takes a look at why someone would want to spend all their time asleep.
Our musical and sound influences include Pokemon gen 3 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (specifically the Mt. Blaze theme from PMD and the Fortree City theme from Pokemon R/S/E), Tower of Heaven, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Super Meat Boy, Kirby (specifically the GB Kirby games), DK Country, Secret of Mana, and Anamanaguchi. We know this is a wide range of sources and styles, and we’d love your help in narrowing it down a little. What we’re looking for is chiptune or chiptune-influenced music with a lot of heart.

If you're interested in the role, please send me a message with some examples of previous work, along side your rate. Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:21:32 PM by dspencer » Logged

Squizzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:58:50 PM »

Hello, my name is Carter Laube, and I would absolutely love to compose the soundtrack for REM Cycles. The concept has me extremely intrigued, and it would be a delight to help make this project a reality. I have been composing music for about 2-3 years and I believe that the style of music I compose is exactly what your looking for. I'll link my soundcloud below. I encourage you to at the very least check out Battle Theme 1 and When you Move. As for pricing. 100$ per minute of music seems like a good starting point, though I am definitely willing to negotiate to a lower rate. Good luck with REM Cycles, I hope to see your progress soon.

https://soundcloud.com/the-laubester
FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:51:57 AM »

Good afternoon,

I've sent you a personal email with some information as well as some samples. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

-Felix

Will_SoundDesigner
Level 0

From my website: https://www.williansrodrigues.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

Hey  Smiley

I don't have sure about your preference to contact, but I sended a private message for you.

Willians Rodrigues
Composer and sound designer.
Elrehon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 03:58:56 PM »

Hi, I have sent you a PM with portfolio and rates! Hope we will work together!

Nexomon: Extinction - Vewo Inc.
Puzzle Pelago - Hallgrim Games
Terrorbane - BitNine Studio
Netherguild - David Vinokurov
NightFell RPG - Grim Moon Studio
MerFight - Mattrfied Games
Lifeform: Binary Fission - Vystyk Games
Ford Audio Design
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »

Just sent a message! Looking forward to seeing how this one develops  Beer!

UK Based musician/sound designer. Music Demo Reel | SFX Demo Reel
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 02:46:21 AM »

Hello Dspencer,

I have sent you a PM!

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic