Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:27:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Pale City, a story-driven indie RPG inspired by Planescape Torment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Pale City, a story-driven indie RPG inspired by Planescape Torment  (Read 354 times)
kylemuntz
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce The Pale City, a story-driven, dark fantasy RPG for PC with an emphasis on characterization and atmosphere. This game was developed by one person over the course of seven years. I was first inspired when I played Planescape Torment, and realized just how powerful a tool written text could be in designing an RPG. However, mechanically the game is more similar to a JRPG, and also draws influences from recent indie titles such as Lisa: The Painful and the atmosphere of non-RPG games such as Pathologic.

The game aims to create a semi-open world that respects the player's time, with no grinding--every encounter is important to the story, and you'll almost never fight the same group twice. Fights can be quite challenging, and (on normal difficulty) even minor encounters can easily be lethal. However, I would mainly suggest the game to players with an interest in storytelling, or exploring a world where even the smallest detail provides insight into the game's characters and lore.

Thanks to anyone who might be interested in checking it out! I'd be really glad to hear back if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

More detailed information and a trailer on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1196580/The_Pale_City/

And also, here's a link to the website:
https://thepalecity.com/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic