Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

 
Advanced search

1374761 Posts in 65014 Topics- by 57242 Members - Latest Member: overgrowthh

March 28, 2020, 10:21:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnparalleled - 2d Turn Based Rpg w/ Physics
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unparalleled - 2d Turn Based Rpg w/ Physics  (Read 108 times)
Fro
Level 0
**


Student of the Universe


View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »

Cool After ~5 years of "silent" dev time I am proud to announce:

Unparalleled





As a small indie team of 1 person an RPG is an incredible undertaking, so of course I had help.
Joseph Silberstein, is the Solo dev handling design, code, story.
Music is by my talented singer/songwriter brother:
https://mattsilberstein.bandcamp.com/album/december-boy
All of the Art is outsourced.


"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time."   — Tom Cargill

by my programmer estimations I am about 90% done with the game, so accounting for the 90/90 rule I put the completion at a modest 10%
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:46:57 AM by Fro » Logged



Unparalleled -
A solo game dev's adventure into an over scoped project.
Fro
Level 0
**


Student of the Universe


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 07:30:11 AM »

I'm going to attempt to retroactively unpack my development journey of Unparalleled here.
It has been a long time my dear reader,
so let's travel back to a simpler time: the year 2015-ish.

While attending college for my CS degree,
a friend of mine was working on a game in XNA for xbox live arcade.
He showed me how making games was accessible now more than ever.
Needless to say I was inspired. Also Hi Phil.

I wanted to make my own game and wanted to use a big boy engine that the pros used.
Naturally I happened upon Unity3D engine,
but the sheer complexity of the Unity editor was overwhelming.
Undeterred I spent my free time watching youtube tutorials
(shoutout to Hardly Brief Dan/Hardly Brief Tutorials)
until I could get a grasp of the Unity editor.













Logged



Unparalleled -
A solo game dev's adventure into an over scoped project.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic