Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:09:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Developing HTML5 games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Developing HTML5 games  (Read 2203 times)
sssupply
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2020, 06:36:55 AM »

Hey guys,

I am trying to create an io game with html5 but I am struggling when it comes to what engine/tools I should be using. I started with Pixi.js and Matter.js for rendering and physics but it turns out that Matter.js collision detection is pretty bad. Is there an engine that most developers are using to make these io games that I am unaware of?

Thanks!
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »

I do not have experience with HTML5 game engines, but I heard good things about GDevelop. Also it seems there is support to HTML5 for engines such as Construct2, GameMaker and Cocos2d

Games:

sssupply
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:39 AM »

Ill check those out! Thanks!
Tbarani
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »

https://phaser.io/ - Phaser is another popular framework. If you are interested in working with HTML, CSS, and Typescript mainly - I have a repo up on GitHub with Phaser, Angular, and Electron rolled into one template. I jumped through some hoops to get it set up for my own project and figured I'd go ahead and share the skeleton before I started to dress it up. Flexbox and Angular should make UI much easier to handle than trying to render those things in a canvas.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

https://github.com/TBosak/game-template
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:25:08 PM by Tbarani » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic