Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:16:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback on this small Endless Rope Swinging Prototype
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback on this small Endless Rope Swinging Prototype  (Read 476 times)
renge
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »

I'm developing a small game in Unity just for fun and for the learning experience.
So far what I have is this prototype:
https://renge-games.itch.io/jungle-jumper

I'm looking for feedback on the movement, difficulty, fun and honestly whatever else you can think of Who, Me?

I would appreciate any feedback you have and suggestions about any improvements i could make.

To note:
This prototype is playable in the browser.
I know that it would be nice to adjust the position of the player on the rope like sliding down or climbing up.
A reset button is yet to be implemented.
The controls might feel a bit counter-intuitive but they are listed on the itch page.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:07:20 PM by renge » Logged
Teearr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »

I played this game for about 1 minute before stopping.

This game isn't very fun and I don't think I find vine swinging very entertaining. This game was also very laggy which reduced my fun because this game wasn't as responsive to my keyboard input. I felt like this game made me fail to grab the next vine, not my own skill.

I suggest adding more variety of gameplay. Instead of just vine swinging maybe there could be platforming or mountain climbing or something. Also, a more compelling reason to begin playing this game than just "vine swinging".

Just to be clear I'm selfishly providing feedback to help me improve my game design while I wait for people to provide feedback on my game.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »

Hi renge,

I played your game and recorded it:

renge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »

Oh my, I apologize for not responding sooner. I thought I would be notified by email if I got any responses, but I guess that wasn't the case...

I played this game for about 1 minute before stopping.

This game isn't very fun and I don't think I find vine swinging very entertaining. This game was also very laggy which reduced my fun because this game wasn't as responsive to my keyboard input. I felt like this game made me fail to grab the next vine, not my own skill.

I suggest adding more variety of gameplay. Instead of just vine swinging maybe there could be platforming or mountain climbing or something. Also, a more compelling reason to begin playing this game than just "vine swinging".

Just to be clear I'm selfishly providing feedback to help me improve my game design while I wait for people to provide feedback on my game.

I appreciate this feedback. Too bad it was laggy for you, I guess that leaves some room for optimization in the future. I have updated this game since posting, in case you want to check it out again. Not much changed, but there are some improvements. I understand that vine swinging on its own isn't a very addicting experience lol. I'm gonna try adding a few more features but I would like to stick to the swinging, at least for this game.

Hi renge,

I played your game and recorded it:

Wow! Thanks for making a video. The feedback you gave was really great. I actually did end up adding a sliding feature among other things, where you can adjust your position with the up and down keys. Also, I believe in the version you are playing there is a fire that creeps up on you, but it only becomes an issue later on. And about the extra features and hooks: I am aware that this game needs more, this was more of an attempt to see how the handling is right now and what I'm getting from this is that the rope's aren't as responsive as they could be and it might still be a little difficult.
Anyway, I updated the game a little if you would like to check it out, but the updates are very minor.
I also recommend reading the controls this time  Corny Laugh as they have gotten a little more complex.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic