Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:05:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDictionaryga.me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dictionaryga.me  (Read 419 times)
wordcloudsarecool
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2020, 04:07:32 AM »

Dictionaryga.me is a game about cool and unusual english words. I'm looking for feadback on the gameplay mechanics and the user interface. Thanks in advance!

https://dictionaryga.me/?ref=tig
Teearr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:30:17 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "gameplay mechanics" as I'm unsure if this game had any gameplay mechanics. This game looked very simple in terms of clicking boxes to answer the questions.

The user interface looks clean and animates smoothly. It was difficult for me to play past the first 30 seconds of this game because I felt I had no idea what to do. This may be partly a user interface problem but I felt this game did not communicate clearly what it requires from me as a player and how I can roughly go about achieving these requirements. My brain felt "overloaded and confused".

To be clear, I'm selfishly playing games on this website and providing feedback to help me learn better game design as I wait for people to provide feedback on my game.
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 04:53:37 AM »

i like the idea. the ui is simple and clean, but you might want to look that sometimes the text spills out of the definition boxes.

would probably like to see more build on this, like a "quest" mode, daily challenge, etc though i'm aware that with a simple google search you can probably master any of such game mode Smiley

one of the Many
Micah.WhiteBoxGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 05:38:53 AM »

I specialize in Educational games. This would be a great product to build and sell to schools and other educational places. I recommend you find a publisher who specializes in educational software.   
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic