Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411470 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:16:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAstroDucks - twinstick shooter 3D with ducks, ghost and much more
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: AstroDucks - twinstick shooter 3D with ducks, ghost and much more  (Read 514 times)
jimmiejohnsson84
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:25:58 AM »

Been working for a while now on a topdown twinstick shooter game where you take charge of either a boat or a cat riding a swimming ring to take on plastic toy ducks, ghosts, sharks and other foes.

Here is a screenshoot from the game:

There are plenty of trailers and a downloadable windows version here https://therussianbeargame.itch.io/astroducks

Control scheme

Menu
Arrow key left/right - choose your player character
Enter - confirm choice

In game
WASD - shoots forward/backward, left/right
Arrow keys - controls the player
Spacebar - drops a bomb
Esc - quit the game

Hardware requierment
It should run fine as long as you have an OpenGL 3.0 compliant graphics card.
My development machine is an i5 3,2GHz with 8GB RAM and an 1050ti gfx card and that should give you somewhere between 50-70 FPS in the most intense scenes.

Additional testing flags
If your so inclined, you can run the game with one of the following two flags:
-godmode   - you cant die
-debugmode   - shows some extra games stats (nr enemies in the scene + frame time)

I would love all and any feedback!
Is the game to hard? To easy? Do you like the enemies?

Game link
https://therussianbeargame.itch.io/astroducks

The game supports some modding, you can create your own maps using the tiled editor. Would be cool to see what people could come up with that, is it easy enough to build maps following the example maps included in the game? Does it need a tutorial?

There is no "Congratulations you finished the demo" - worth knowing when testing the game. In the second level, after you fight the boss there is no end screen.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »

Hi JimmyJohnsson,

I played your game and recorded it:

jimmiejohnsson84
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »

Hi Jbarrios,

Wow - thank you so much for the feedback!
Really useful stuff!

I know the controls are a bit tricky/unorthodox, Im just not sure what is the best way to do it. But probably WASD + mouse for aiming where to shoot.
Ill have a go at fixing that.

Ive added support for dialogs to the game, I agree - it does need some more feedback (like "kill all enemies to unlock this door"). Im gonna ahead and add some info boxes to the first two levels so its more obvious what to do.

There is indeed a GUI, probably it has been cut off in the resolution your using - would be nice to know which resolution you been playing on?
(I could make the game fullscreen i guess to just make sure it always looks as expected, but lots of ppl get irritated by games going fullscreen. But something needs to be done to handle that).

Again - thank you a thousand times for taking the time and for giving constructive feedback! Hope I can get you to have another go at it sometime again!

/Jimmie
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic