Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:54:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLet's team up and create the Evil Farming Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's team up and create the Evil Farming Game  (Read 470 times)
GrimReaper4
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:19:37 AM »

There was a Reddit user who apparently played a farming game with a dark twist: the main character kills his wife and you have to help him hide the body from the police and try to keep the town from finding out your secret (here's the link to his post: https://old.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/4h5w1w/this_game_was_kind_of_like_harvest_moon/?st=JPS3SR9P&sh=d058ea4b). The description was enough to intrigue thousands of people who have been trying to find the game for years, to no avail. The general consensus - based on the OP's description, his medical history (he had insomnia at the time of writing his post) and other factors - is that the game doesn't exist. But I'd love to make it a reality! I think the concept is pretty unique and I love stuff that appears normal on the surface but has dark undertones. The game is a 2D pixel art RPG for the PC in the style of Lakeview Valley/Stardew Valley.

I am looking for a small team to develop this game. I've come up with some interesting game mechanics that will keep the players hooked. I can also provide the audio for the game and am willing to spend my own money on advertising. I've also got some experience with Unity and C# but I'd say I'm a beginner so I'd rather not do the programming side of things.

What I'm looking for is a couple of graphics designers, a level designer (I've already made a simple sketch of one part of the map) and 2 programmers but if you're none of those, yet feel like you can contribute to the team (screenwriter, general ideas etc.), feel free to apply. The game will be made in Unity and the programming language used will most likely be C#. If a team member comes across an asset pack that would speed up the process, I can send them money so they can purchase it. After the game is complete, I will publish it on Steam and we will all share the revenue the game will generate.

I'm more than happy to provide more details about the game. In fact, I've written a 5 pages long document where I go over the basic features and describe the game in more detail and I can send it to anyone who's serious about working on the project. I think this is a great opportunity for intermediate developers and I'm sure the game will do well once completed, considering a thousand people are trying to dig it up as we speak.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day! Smiley
mitchellk96
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 05:29:05 AM »

If you want a dedicated or additional composer, This sounds very interesting. Here is my portfolio https://soundcloud.com/user-338213451/sets/samples.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic