Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:32:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoNot Safe For Work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Not Safe For Work  (Read 2967 times)
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:29:06 AM »

Just calling dibs on the title. Because I have an idea.
UltraJMan
Level 0

Get some!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:47:03 AM »

I'll be keeping an eye on this, and most of all I'll be sure to send it to any buddies who happen to be working with a computer when it's done.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »

Some things have changed in my life, and I'll probably not be able to make this game. That is to say, if anyone wants to use the title and/or idea (which I sketch briefly below), be my guest.

The game was meant to poke fun at the idea that your work environment will be perfectly fine with you wasting countless hours playing shallow Flash games and watching stupid videos online as long as no boobies come into play, at which point the cry for the [NSFW] tag is heard.

Gameplay-wise, I wanted to simulate an office with the player character and his colleagues where the main interaction would be via the PC in his cubicle. If the player does well at some minigames in his browser (think a match 3, a minimalistic tower defense game, etc) and/or watches fun videos, his colleagues would gather around the screen and cheer him on, and reputation points would be earned. Should NSFW material pop up on the sceen, the opposite would happen. The player character's boss would also figure into this somehow.

So, yeah, the concept isn't especially great anyway, and as usual I couldn't come up with an interesting gameplay idea before implementing the whole thing. I guess it's not a big loss.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic