Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:20:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDevlog of Aika's Wrath
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Devlog of Aika's Wrath  (Read 642 times)
ArmyAntsStudios
« on: April 03, 2020, 07:57:49 AM »

hey new here. sorry if i break any rules, i'm not too experience with forums or with spelling so expect alot of mistakes, so anyway here's the history and current state of aika's Wrath

Aika's Wrath is a game i been working on sense somewhere around September of 2019 and it's a anime FPS being made in the Unity game engine.

how it got here: the project was basically a Redo of a much older project called: War of the under world(this was before sword art online btw), one that i been working on around the time i started doing programming as a hobby, it was basically testing grounds for FPS movement. and movement round the RigidBody Component, if you never tried unity it's basically just something you add to a game object to add physics to it. and in your own scripts you can reference it and add your own forces to it, so i was playing around because Rigidbodys for me where pretty messy and needed alot of playing around, the movement i was going for was a mix between the game Devil Daggers and Mirror's edge. i didn't get that far, once i tried the bunny hopping(i wasn't that experience in Rigidbodys before so most of my time was spent on the main movement and jumping it self) and i failed completely and there wasn't much tutorials on bunny hopping, and when there was. it was mostly on the type of B hopping in CS GO or Quake 3 and not the Devil Daggers one i was looking(and i know it's a really simple type of bunny hopping to achieve, but like i said. i wasn't that experience with Rigidbody's so i didn't exactly know how to achieve it and get it right) after that fail i stopped working on it for awhile and sometimes working on it for a little bit dappling with the gun

the end of War of the Underworld:
basically the computer i was using at the time was a alright window's 7 computer.
it can handle some games better then other's and it can't run any recording software under 3 frames per second
but one day, the computer saw it's time of coming and destroy it self and all the hardwhere that was in it(yeah for some reason in the recovery of it every stop working. the ram. motherboard etc, the only thing that was working was the graphic's card and even then that only lasted for one day before that died too)
anyway after i lost all my projects forever, i begin a life of new game developer. on my brother's computer plus he was in college and use his lap top more often so i had plenty of time to make games, plus this computer was BEEFY and can handle alot of high power triple A games

the start of Aika's Wrath:
i was following one of the main creators behind a N64 platformer call Conker's bad fur day
and in a tweet he linked a 3d platformer tutorial by youtuber call NimSony. saying it's a good intro to doing movement in unity, when he made the tweet i didn't check it out for awhile until i had a weird idea. one day my mind asked "what if doom where a Romance anime gone wrong?", and after that i started on the project. watched the tutorial and learn what a character controller was from it(basically it contains a collider that a rigidbody can only use but there's no gravity or anything involving physics so in code you have alot more control plus the character controller already have something for stair shaped objects) after a bit of experimenting. i got a pretty good WASD controls that allows me to increase the max speed and the Acceleration+Deceleration of the character,
after that i did some experimenting with WallRunning. and after that failed i thought it would be better if i had an actual goal set or else it'll just be like War of the Under World and just be in development hell with little to show for it self, so i took what i got and made a basic demo of what i planned for the game
in this quickly put together demo you are in a school, you talk to some students and when you go to a bed outside of the school you go into a nightmare where you shoot a wave of enemys, once they are all dead you wake up in the
same school area(i beat persona 5 around the same time so that sorta inspire me alot)

this demo was very bare bones but it was a start
the next update i got rid of a endless waves and replace it with a hub area where you enter two levels from a portal and the other thing i added was a WeaponSwitch and a MachineGun(before the update you only had a ShotGun)
after that i work on some nice Anime Arms, first time trying a high quality Model

i'm going to skip past alot of the other updates because we be here forever, i'll quickly get to what it now as
-Devil Dagger style bunny hopping
-i replaced all the levels with bare bones graphics to one level with pretty alright graphics. and it as a blood ocean

and in the now future update
-replaced the original blocky shotgun with a cool smooth model of duel wield double barreled shotguns

-a really good flying enemy Model

-some new Enemy AI

that's the intro to this project, will post more in the future, anyway i spend a long time working on this post so see ya
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:22:11 AM by ArmyAntsStudios » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic