Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:37:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWitchy [Action Adventure/RPG]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Witchy [Action Adventure/RPG]  (Read 429 times)
Verrazano
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »

Premise
Witchy is a top down, action adventure/RPG where you play as a young witch exploring the world. You use a cauldron to brew potions and your trusty broom to deter enemies and manipulate objects. Discover forgotten potion recipes and explore hidden ruins to become the most powerful witch.

Witchy when completed will have a world with multiple areas/biomes each with its own brewing ingredients, creatures, enemies, dungeons and puzzles. As you explore the world you'll discover recipes to add to your recipe book by solving puzzles, completing quests and delving into ruins.

Witchy was heavily inspired by my favorite Legend of Zelda games: Links awakening, Wind Waker and Breath of The Wild. I especially liked the cooking mechanics in BotW.

Background
I've been working on Witchy off and on since 2016. When I started I was writing my own engine in C++ using SFML. It was a lot of work but it was fun. However, writing my own engine was limiting me and preventing me from focusing on the game mechanics so I've recently switched to using Godot.

I hope to post in this devlog with some regularity to keep myself motivated.

Here you can find a link to an imgur album containing the last few years of gifs (I regularly add gifs/images to this album): https://imgur.com/a/sOuHI
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic