Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:23:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Working on a new game, looking for an artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Working on a new game, looking for an artist  (Read 1513 times)
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »

Hey guys I'm working on a new game for the Mochi Word Play contest and am looking for someone to work with who can take charge of the art and art direction of the game.

What I'm working on:

A new game for the Word Play contest. I currently have a prototype which I am happy to share with interested artists. I want to get the ball rolling with an artist now so that I can get the different parts together with time to spare. The game is a puzzle game in the vein of Bookworm. It's written in Actionscript 3 / Flash 10. The contest deadline is August 14th, so the game must be completed by then.

What I am looking for in the artist:

* Strong artistic ability
    * Creativity
    * Opinions/feedback
    * Personal responsibility
    * Drive/passion

What I'm looking for from the artist:

* Ability to work in Flash and Photoshop
    * Title screen/logo
    * Gameplay elements
    * HUD elements
    * Minor animations, possibly particle effects
    * Opportunity for storyboard and larger animations

Most of all I'm looking for someone who is interested in taking on a real commitment with this game (read around 10 hours a week) and believes it can be successful. I'd like that person to work with me to develop the game idea with an emphasis on the game's presentation. Ideally, s/he would drive the thematic development for the game.

If you're interested please send me a private message to discuss the details. I'd especially appreciate a link to your personal site or past work.

My site: Spotted Zebra
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »

It would help your cause to give more information about your game. "In the vein of bookworm" while infinitely better than "it is a secret" does not really tell too much.

Regardless, I can't do art myself, but good luck!

aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »

Well I don't want to reveal all the details of the game before the contest, but I'll try to shed some more light on things. Also, again, please feel free to PM me if you're interested in trying it out to get a feel for whether you're interested.

The game is a puzzle game meaning it will have a "board" and a HUD showing score, level, etc

The game is similar to:

* Bookworm
  * Tumble Bees
  * Word Womp

I'm still undecided whether the game should feature a theme or just a clean, simple, GUI. Ideally, the artist could help make the decision based on his experience and expertise.

My site: Spotted Zebra
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic