Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:21:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoThe Supermarket PLU-Code Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Supermarket PLU-Code Game  (Read 10994 times)
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »

A bit of a memory game, plus it teaches you things that you probably never need to know (unless you are a supermarket cashier).

Basically, every single fruit or vegetable has a (usually) four digit PLU (Price Look-Up) code that the cashier types in at the register, in order to properly identify the produce.  In this game, you play as the cashier, quickly and accurately entering the appropriate PLU before time runs out.

The code is presented to you the first time you see the fruit or vegetable, but after this, you must memorize it, or waste time looking it up by pressing F1.  With each level, new fruits and vegetables and their corresponding PLU's are added for you to memorize.

(Eventually, the fruit and vegetables will have little ASCII images in that empty box on the left side)

This will be made with GM7.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:34:59 PM by Theta » Logged

Spincut
Level 1

Playing the games you make

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »

Oh, you bastard. I used to work at a supermarket and I HATED memorizing PLUs. I will test this game with a mixture of bitter memories and interest.  Big Laff
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

Oh, you bastard. I used to work at a supermarket and I HATED memorizing PLUs. I will test this game with a mixture of bitter memories and interest.  Big Laff
I'm having similar mixed feelings as I work on this.  Smiley

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

You should have a bonus game : Stocking the Shelves.  You get a food item and have to locate the isle it lies in.

Maybe you could add some mopping mini-games in between those games, you know in case some players are too overwhelmed by the action.

-PENCERKOFF

Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »

As punishment for messing up too much: Plead to Manager
Or get nagged by an annoying customer: Customer Service Rep
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic