Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1387123 Posts in 66517 Topics- by 59070 Members - Latest Member: Xin Music

January 20, 2021, 10:48:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCOVID-19
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 3145 times)
Mark Mayers
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:38 AM »

---

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact I probably won't leave my apartment until September.

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 08:40:02 PM »

It sucks. Working retail is sucks especially during a pandemic. Though I've adjusted well considering I don't go out except for work and to hit the gym as I'm a lonely and reclusive dinosaur.

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 11:58:02 AM »

[...]
I'm starting to come to terms with the fact I probably won't leave my apartment until September.

Yeah the same. But you still get out to get some fresh air right? You have friends nearby you can meet sometimes?

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Foxwarrior
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:14 PM »

You have friends nearby you can meet sometimes?

Hmmmmmm... I hope those friends don't meet anyone except you.
Schrompf
Level 8

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:11 AM »

You can keep your distance with those friends and still enjoy the friendship. Like putting some chairs on the gras in the sun 2m apart and enjoying a cold beverage of preference.

I suggest you guys cherish the fact that you don't have children. I'm heading for a burnout. Kindergarden is closed, so I watch Flake all day long. When wife comes home from being a doctor, she takes the child, and I start the VPN session until it's time to sleep. All day, every day, for weeks and months to come. Never in my life I have been so tired.

Fuck mindless companies just shrugging at their employees. "Missing hours will be compensated with unpaid holidays". Yeah. Like the rent just stops in the meantime. Meanwhile Officials honestly discuss bonds for car manufacterers. Like those didn't earn billions in the last years? But I'm supposed to burn through my savings first. Fuck them all. It's time for torches and pitchforks.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »

It's possibly one of the more damaging things you can do to your health.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
paolalopez118
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 08:26:40 AM »

I have a kindergarten girl and my days have really become very long, the issue of confinement is driving my husband and me crazy, but good for the health of the population and our loved ones. Despite the relaxation that many proposed, I prefer to be at home and that's it, a new growth of the virus is something fatal for many in the world, so it is better to be safe than sorry.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 01:01:19 PM »

Wim Hof's take on boosting the immune system to never get sick again:

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »

Confinement measures in Portugal have been loosened early this month but there's still a lot of caution and safety measures to be followed, which is for the better since that way we could avoid going back to the peak or worse. I have been homeworking since March.

Stay safe, everyone!

ryhaku
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »

wash your hands  Gomez
tank.donuts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 08:34:00 AM »

Hope this fuss will end ASAP. Stay safe an wash your hands!  Coffee

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 04:48:42 AM »

Does anyone actually sense a noticeably increased threat caused by the virus? The vast majority of affected people I hear from direct and indirect sources are very old and sick. It seems the virus might be just the last death blow.

(Of course there are always young exceptions to the rule, but so are healthy people who can die from eating peanuts because of an allergy. That should not warp the image.)

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 05:21:07 AM »

No one wants to be responsible for delivering the last death blow, though, hence the importance of social distancing and proper mask usage.
I don't have numbers for apparently healthy young people who got after-effects or died from the virus, but better to play it safe and avoid getting Covid-19, lest one gets really unlucky. By taking measures to avoid catching Covid-19, people in risk groups (the elderly, people with diabetes, people with AIDS, etc.) are also safer, too.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 08:35:38 AM »

I feel no elevated risk to myself (however rational that is I can't even tell) especially as I've had to go to work almost as normal throughout the whole thing but I'd feel bad about killing my grandparents

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
michaelplzno
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »

There's the rational and the emotional component to this issue: On the one hand you want to be safe, so wash up, wear masks, distance etc as is the rational thing to do. But emotionally if you can put it out of your mind that is the way. I have a friend who is a big fan of stoicism, I always think of this movie when anyone remarks about me not worrying:

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »

The most rational thing to do is to stay healthy in the first place. That's your best bet. But then again, most people start caring about health when it's too late.

michaelplzno
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »

We could get into a debate of "Locus of Control" but I'm from the school of thought that once you must have contact with other people there is a chance of getting sick independent of your mental state. Masks, hand washing, and reduced contact with other humans can decrease the chance of getting sick, but being "rational" or at least as I define it, doesn't do much to protect you from physical sickness directly, it merely enables you to take concrete actions that are proven to reduce your chances of contracting something.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »

having a perfectly balanced immune system for this particular virus from gene bingo, regular exercise, perfect nutrition and just the right amount of exposure to just the right things won't stop you from transmitting it to others either

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
friendlinzh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 07:28:49 PM »

wear face mask is the best solution
michaelplzno
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 12:10:32 AM »

Be a good guy like Bane, wear a mask:

Another of my heroes also knows about having optimal health, controlling your own immune system through will, and protecting the purity of your bodily essences:

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic