Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1392058 Posts in 66887 Topics- by 59672 Members - Latest Member: CountryGaming

May 17, 2021, 02:48:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCOVID-19
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 5070 times)
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2021, 04:26:15 AM »

In all seriousness: the long term effects of vaccinations are well studied and there have been vaxes that have eliminated small pox and so on and those have been studied for the entire lifetime of people.
We are not talking about vaccination in general. I know there are harmless vaccines out there. It is now about that type of mRNA-technology. It was previously only used in emergency cases, on a small scale, and possibly for a good reason. While there are certainly some fundamental facts already researched and known, the effect can still not be predicted in advance and we have to rely on experience. But now it is quickly pushed to a global scale.

Also, feel free to research what happened during the swine-flu.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
michaelplzno
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2021, 09:58:59 AM »

I guess I missed the 2009 Swine-Flu thing but its on wiki. Though I have no memory of it. According to this article, however:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic_vaccine

It is pretty clear that there were a bunch of rumors about the vaccine being bad, but no empirical evidence, and if people had rushed to take the vaccine even 2 weeks earlier %60 of the cases could have been prevented.

And just to re-iterate, I know at least one Doctor (My sister.) who has viewed the peer reviewed COVID vax studies they have done on side effects and so on, and she fully recommends getting the jab.

Schrompf
Level 8

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »

Will get my second Thursday this week. Looking forward to it, both personally - my family lived like a damn eremit for more than a year - and globally - every vaccinated person reduced overall infection rate quadratically and helps slowing mutations.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic