Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 05:53:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"Midnight Mafia"-Online Card Game (Dev Team Needed)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Midnight Mafia"-Online Card Game (Dev Team Needed)  (Read 3504 times)
ravechild5683
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »

Hi All,

I am making a card game based MMO called “Midnight Mafia”.

This is a 1D casual game where you attempt to figure out who is the "Mafia" and kill them before they kill you.
   Each player receives a role at random(Mafia,Medic,Inspector,or Civilian)and based on that role you play a part in a story were the civilians try to kill off the mafia and vise verse while the medic try's to save people or can be selfish and heal save there own life every round.The Inspectors job is to guess who the Mafia is and if the inspector guesses correctly then the narrator informs that the guess was correct. After the inspector knows who the mafia are he can then inform the citizens who the mafia is and help sway the vote to kill off the mafia

\\\DEV TEAM SIGN UPS AND POSITIONS\\\
•   Programmer – AI, gameplay, Graphics ( python , C++)
•   UI and graphics designers - menus, HUDs, widgets, and items.
•   Concept and graphic artist – concept art, sprite sheets and backgrounds
•   Anyone that can help with making this online and add it to a website

If you love the theme and genre and have the skills , email me .Like myself , I am looking for people who want to have fun while working intensely.As the programmer & designer I will be responsible for production, promotion and team management.
I truly believe this is a great creative opportunity for everyone who will work & deliver this game.

Thanks Again for your time,
         Chris

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:10:09 PM by ravechild5683 » Logged
easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:12:11 AM »

I love mafia! :3

However, the description for projects says
for personal projects, post in DevLogs or Feedback.

Also, you should probably introduce yourself and stick around the forum for a bit first before you start asking for help like Inane said in your other thread.

genericuser
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »

Some advice;

1. Introduce yourself! That way we can get to know you better  Smiley

2. Experiment a bit yourself; there are a lot of people with good ideas out there - however, there are not as many people who can pull off those ideas. There are several helpful tutorials on the Internet; we even have our own subforum for those.

3. Be prepared to put a lot of effort into the project yourself; people will be much more likely to help you if you have a significant portion of gameplay/art done already.

I apologize if this seems harsh, but anyway:

Some stuff that concerns me about this project:

• At the moment, this seems like more of a "wouldn't it be cool" project - like I mentioned, people will come to your project once you have a significant portion of it is done.
  • Getting an entire dev team might be a bit too ambitious - I've seen people who struggle with just finding one artist or a programmer.
  • A game like this depends on social skills and manipulation - both very hard to add into an AI.
  • We already have this game going on the forums  Tongue
I do wish you good luck in making this, though.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic