Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:30:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGreen Crust - work in progress game about terraforming land as a god
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Green Crust - work in progress game about terraforming land as a god  (Read 795 times)
msaj
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2020, 01:55:01 AM »

Hello!

This is work in progress game about terraforming land as a god. And compete with other gods over land by manipulating the climate and city states.

You can download Windows, Mac, Linux versions here
https://msaj.itch.io/green-crust

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 07:36:45 AM by msaj » Logged
beeguy1
Level 0

wats poppinnngggg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »

Hey!

I played your game and I enjoyed it and I've some feedback for you.

I found the game quite difficult to understand at the start but I began to learn it pretty quickly. The icons for how much mana a tile is generating is really helpful and give the player a clear way to reach the goal, more mana symbols = win.
On my first game I didn't notice the tool tips on the various biomes until later into the game so I ended up being a bit confused on what was making each land tile change from grassland to forest etc.
There was a typo on the description for the sea, it said hoter instead of hotter just fyi.
The game was fun and interesting overall to learn and play, good job.
msaj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 06:15:21 AM »

Hey!

I played your game and I enjoyed it and I've some feedback for you.

I found the game quite difficult to understand at the start but I began to learn it pretty quickly. The icons for how much mana a tile is generating is really helpful and give the player a clear way to reach the goal, more mana symbols = win.
On my first game I didn't notice the tool tips on the various biomes until later into the game so I ended up being a bit confused on what was making each land tile change from grassland to forest etc.
There was a typo on the description for the sea, it said hoter instead of hotter just fyi.
The game was fun and interesting overall to learn and play, good job.

Thanks for the feedback!

There are a lot of hints in descriptions of biomes. Witch is why I didn't do any tutorial yet. Hoped it might be an interesting alternative. I am working on guide now so it might not be super confusing the first time someone plays it.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »

msaj,

I played your game:

msaj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 05:26:58 AM »

@jbarrios Thanks for the video!

New version is out. In it guide is added.

I wondering I should probably improve AI next. I see you beat it on your first try. It seemed to not give much challenge. Maybe this added to the feel that there no decisions to make. And there is no option for a more difficult AI.
msaj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 07:37:48 AM »

New version is out. Added cities with their own personality. They may raid or trade with other cities and became big. Or be worshipers to generate lots of energy for the player. You can change city personality through random events.

Tell me what you think!
https://msaj.itch.io/green-crust
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic