Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:47:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsIdea pool for new TIGS competitions
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65
Print
Author Topic: Idea pool for new TIGS competitions  (Read 294590 times)
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 25, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »

"History of the Donkey Fun" :D :D

Regardless of whether or not it has already been done, it still hasn't been done TIGStyle.

olücæbelel
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »

Does anyone know what the story is with the competition idea where the first month is used for contributing art resources, and the second month is for building games using only the art resources from the previous month? 

I know of a few talented pixel artists that are excited to do some work with TIGS game designers....

@doomlaser, mark johns
Zaphos
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2007, 02:24:17 PM »

Does anyone know what the story is with the competition idea where the first month is used for contributing art resources, and the second month is for building games using only the art resources from the previous month? 

I know of a few talented pixel artists that are excited to do some work with TIGS game designers....
A while back Derek said (about this idea): "I think I'm going to announce the Giant Naked Men compo for December and we'll save this idea for the Spring, maybe in March?"
Now clearly GNM has been pushed aside for IF, but I assume the idea is still possibly going to happen.  But not for a couple months, probably ...
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

Personally, I prefer that to GNM. Roll Eyes

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »

The problem with Giant Naked Man is that it seems OK on paper, but just try and explain it to friends and family. Doesn't work.

Zaphos
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »

The problem with Giant Naked Man is that it seems OK on paper, but just try and explain it to friends and family. Doesn't work.
Yes, it is kind of an inside joke ... I wasn't complaining that IF took its place!  Was just noting that half the sentence I was quoting was false, which might put a damper on one's trust in the rest of it.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »

Miracle Cardboard EX

I would participate in such a competition as a VGNG one.

It would be Klik or The Games Factory, though.

medieval
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »

What about Giant Naked Women
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »

What about... FGI, the bizarro world's IGF.

Festival's
Garbage
Incinerator

goal: to make the most mainstream, run of the mill, commercialized game possible. Whatever game creates the most apathy wins, and we announce the results a day before the IGF at GDC.

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »

How's this?

Courier Woo!
All art must be composed of characters from the Courier font family. No restrictions are applied on scaling, rotating, colouring etc, so games needn't look like pages of ascii art. It's like the 2 phase compo idea, except the graphics are already available. Arty types can amuse themselves by glueing characters together.

I've wanted to make a game like this for ages, but I think it could make a hot-rockin compo theme.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »

"Things that make you uncomfortable." This could be anywhere from people standing too close to you on a bus, that creepy uncle, the baby in a restaurant that won't stop staring at your food, all the way to that slimy feeling of something you know you shouldn't have touched, or wet socks.

I thought the art then code idea was really cool. I'd definitely be making both art & code for that one.

Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

Games based on awful webcomics.
medieval
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »

Intentional crap games
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2008, 11:20:13 AM »

Drunk-friendly games.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

I'm thinking that the "Art/Code" compo will happen after the scramble that will be IGF.  Maybe a week after, or a month, depending.

I actually have a cool idea for a pixel art only compo.  I have to figure out the logistics on that one, first...

Eventually we're going to do that massive Chinese Bootleg Demakes Compo, which will be awesome and will probably destroy the internet.  Probably.  I'll have to ask a lawyer about how to deal with that one. Tongue

And finally, I'm pretty sure we're going to have another B-Games competition again this year, probably around the same time as the last one.  It's definitely a hard act to follow, but I have no doubt it's going to be frickin' amazing.  I want to go all out.

...oh, and we'll definitely have a bunch of minis in between, when the mood hits. Wink

Anyway, that's my plan, which is liable to change at any moment, or if someone comes up with better ideas.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

More B-hands can only be a good thing. I'd love to enter this time around. I might even have working tech to use.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »

Short animated game intro using oldschool 2D techniques (sprites and scrollfields for example)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2008, 04:54:18 AM »

How bout like a b games focusing on horrible portal cloned game genres? Then throw in seedy themes and piss poor production values.

Then we submit them to every portal on the interwebs and post the hopefully amusing rejection notices and rofl at the ones that get a deal.

Winner by vote... or portal reply.

Match 3 me baby.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

That one runs the risk of me actually making enough money to buy a Ferrari. I like it!

Stwelin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

"Cooperate with oneself!?"

inspired by cursor*10, it would be fun to see how else this mechanic could be applied.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic