Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:36:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsIdea pool for new TIGS competitions
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65
Print
Author Topic: Idea pool for new TIGS competitions  (Read 294589 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »

"Cooperate with oneself!?"

inspired by cursor*10, it would be fun to see how else this mechanic could be applied.
I like that'n.

Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »

How bout like a b games focusing on horrible portal cloned game genres? Then throw in seedy themes and piss poor production values.

Then we submit them to every portal on the interwebs and post the hopefully amusing rejection notices and rofl at the ones that get a deal.

Winner by vote... or portal reply.

Match 3 me baby.

Best...idea...EVER!  Someone could theoretically charge $20 for a Bejeweled clone based on an awful webcomic.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:41:03 AM by Shoot-em-upper » Logged
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »

How bout like a b games focusing on horrible portal cloned game genres? Then throw in seedy themes and piss poor production values.

Then we submit them to every portal on the interwebs and post the hopefully amusing rejection notices and rofl at the ones that get a deal.

Winner by vote... or portal reply.

Match 3 me baby.
I don't rate the hate. Can't we all be friends?
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »

When's the IGF? I know atleast a few people- myself included -would like to participate in the art/code contest, but it would be significantly harder to do so during school.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »

no

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2008, 01:22:16 AM »

no
Poop.
medieval
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »

I expected a lot of youre-ruining-the-fun replies when I made a comment about Giant Naked Women.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2008, 11:10:01 AM »

No. Anything giant, naked, and humanish is good.

OhshitcockIwassupposedtomakeanewavataryesterdaybutnowit's TODAY! Angry
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:12:27 AM by Inane » Logged

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
hutcherson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

How about games that make awesome gameplay out of the most ridiculously tedious subjects. Like chores or bug testing.

I remember when I first heard about Phoenix Wright and thinking how the hell any game based on a legal system (albeit a twisted anime system) could be a good idea. Then I bought the game and had my ass kicked by it.
medieval
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »

No. Anything giant, naked, and humanish is good.

OhshitcockIwassupposedtomakeanewavataryesterdaybutnowit's TODAY! Angry

Good.

Who else is in for Giant Naked Women? After all they're prettier to look at than giant naked men.
Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »

Who else is in for Giant Naked Women? After all they're prettier to look at than giant naked men.

I think that Cactus beat you to the punch with that one.  Seizure Dome is full of them.
medieval
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »

I think that Cactus beat you to the punch with that one.  Seizure Dome is full of them.
I can't call them Giant. More like.. tiny.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »

After all they're prettier to look at than giant naked men.
sometimes.

Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:12 PM »

I can't call them Giant. More like.. tiny.

Tiny, as in the size of a tank?
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

Maybe they're tiny giants.  Or giant dwarfs, perhaps.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:24 AM »

Giant naked molerats! Or maybe Giant Naked Monstrosities, so you could have giant naked men and women riding giant naked molerats, battling off the heavily clothed snooty rich rocket launcher wielding military, and their fur coats of death.

Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

Giant naked molerats! Or maybe Giant Naked Monstrosities, so you could have giant naked men and women riding giant naked molerats, battling off the heavily clothed snooty rich rocket launcher wielding military, and their fur coats of death.

This thread has officially been hijacked.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »

Maybe they're tiny giants.

They Might Be Tiny Giants?

tweet tweet @j_younger
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2008, 05:45:27 AM »

Recently, Anonymous - the eBausworld-based illusive hacker terrorist network - has declared War on Scientology.

http://secondscientologywar.ytmnd.com/
http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology

I recall there being a Scientology based indie game which got in a bit of trouble with Scientologist lawyers... I can't comment on the quality of the game itself, but at the time, it seemed troubling and unfair not to be allowed to criticize a religion (and it definitely is a religion... not just a tax avoidance scam) through our beloved medium of videogames. Everyone has the right to free speech. No-one has the right to not be offended. Fuck Ebert and all.

I was wondering how many people would be interested in submitting (anonymously, of course) games to a TIGSource competition (or, if that's too scary, keep it unaffiliated), where the theme is "The Life and Times of L Ron Hubbard, and his Not-a-cult"? But then I realized, you probably don't want to out yourself as the maker of a Scientology based game. It's a bad idea all around, really! Ha haa!

Still, I mean, if you do some research the ideas for games come thick and fast.

How about "Quick! Get Vitamins!": A game in which you play a Scientologist Ambulance driver who transports scientologist patients to hospitals with Scientologist doctors in them. Transport the patients to non scientology based hospitals, and you lose Sad. Get them to scientologist hospitals, and you win! If the patient dies... eh, don't worry about it.

Let me just get one thing straight: I personally would never be interested in any kind of competition which involves the belittlement of any clandestine organization which stretches the definition of the word "religion" to its breaking point, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in liberating the poor souls who fall into its clutches through no fault of their own.

I'm just sayin', yo.

PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »

Well, we could all simply pretend it will be games about religion in general, instead of scientology in particular. Wink

"Fun is rule."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic