Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:43:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGame dev question, my first project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game dev question, my first project  (Read 1437 times)
yokozach
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2020, 05:03:52 AM »

Hello,
I’m planning on making a 12-16 hour anime horror rpg game with an rpg maker,
This will be my first project and I’m planning on looking for a team to help me,
 how many people and what roles should I be looking for(note I will be director, scenario writer, will write in game text, and battle system)?
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:32:25 AM »

Are you able to pay your team up front? If not, I'd say zero. If this is your first game, doing everything yourself at whatever scope you can manage will give you the necessary perspective to understand how each role would be filled, so you'd be able to answer this question through direct experience. You also get to build up a reputation to help attract collaborators.

I don't necessarily want to discourage you from looking for volunteers, but set your expectations accordingly. Be prepared to get no responses, or people who don't have motivation to get any real work done for you. Maybe you'll get super lucky and find some amazing people and make a fantastic game together, but a much more reliable way to do that would be to build up your own skills so that you can fill in any gaps yourself.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »

Most gamedevs don't know how to collaborate, so the goto answer is to work alone.

If you are going to collaborate, a top down "I'm the creative dictator" or you called it "director?" Anyway that structure is likely doomed.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic