Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:08:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[KICKSTARTER is live!] Elementallis - A Zelda-like with elemental magic
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER is live!] Elementallis - A Zelda-like with elemental magic  (Read 3419 times)
AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2020, 02:33:41 AM »

Hello TigSource!

Kickstarter is live!

General

Elementallis is a 2D top-down adventure mimicking the style and feel of classic 2D Zelda games. Explore a vast world and conquer the dungeons to restore all the Elements and use them to solve puzzles, defeat your foes and progress on your adventure.

As a son of elementallists, you took part on the disruption of the Elements and now you'll need to travel the world and restore them with the aid of your newly met Elemental. Explore the lands of Elregir, help its inhabitants, face enemies and strong bosses and solve puzzles in your quest to restore the Elements and bring back the world to its former balance.

Features

• Prove your worth in the 8 dungeons, full of puzzles, secrets, enemies and bosses.
  • Use the Elements to fight, solve puzzles and uncover previously inaccessible areas in a metroidvania-esque style.
  • Discover the 8 different biomes and help its inhabitants.
  • Fight in real time combat and defeat your foes using the Elements wisely to exploit their weaknesses.
  • Experience a story about growth and overcoming guilt.

Platforms

Elementallis will be coming to PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4/5 and Xbox

Current development status

The main mechanics of the game have already been developed.
The 7 Elemental Abilities are implemented
We've worked on 7 different biomes.
Save system, menus, inventory, map are already developed.
Dialog and NPC's are already implemented.
The first temple is fully playable.

Additional
You can follow small updates on our media:

http://twitter.com/elementallis
https://www.reddit.com/r/Elementallis/
http://elementallis.com

Discord

Join our community on Discord!

KICKSTARTER

Check out our Kickstarter!

Thank you all for reading!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:31:28 AM by AnKae » Logged

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 02:38:58 AM »

As a fan of elemental magic and GB Zelda titles, I'm really liking this. Love the stone texturing on the map screen. What's the last element in the logo? (Darkness? Void?)

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 02:49:44 AM »

Thanks! About the last element, I have already been asked about it. I would like to keep it secret for now, it will be important for the story. Sorry about that Tongue!

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 07:57:43 AM »

I would like to keep it secret for now, it will be important for the story.

Surprises are good! Smiley Speaking of story, how story rich are you planning? About the same ratio of story vs play as in Zelda games?

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »

Surprises are good! Smiley Speaking of story, how story rich are you planning? About the same ratio of story vs play as in Zelda games?

I'm planning for a more complex story about growth and guilt, but don't want to interfere a lot with gameplay. I need to flesh it out more thought.

Let me use this comment to announce that I have just released the demo on https://ivankae.itch.io/elementallis  Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 08:32:03 AM »

This looks right up my alley! Subbed Smiley
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:15 PM »

It looks great! Parece muy chulo. Greetings from Alicante. Toast Left

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 06:06:44 AM »

Went through the demo. The art style and mechanics are a good throwback to GB Zelda games. Graphics and animations look great!

However, since this isn't GB with its small screen, I found most rooms to be far too large and somewhat annoying to walk through. Felt like there's too much empty space. Even when these large rooms were filled with enemies they weren't much of a threat (too much space makes avoiding easy).
What annoyed me more than large rooms were the very narrow corridors, I feel like I bumped into walls more often than I would on GB Zelda's. Not sure if that's due to colliders setup or just me being clumsy.

Bosses were fairly easy, which is alright for a first dungeon. I liked the candle's design but felt it needed better pacing. Candle's fall-down takes too long for my liking.

Found one bug (I suppose?): Tried avoiding an enemy projectile by entering the next room, but the projectile passed through the open door as well.

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 07:11:25 AM »

Thank you all for your interest!

Went through the demo. The art style and mechanics are a good throwback to GB Zelda games. Graphics and animations look great!

However, since this isn't GB with its small screen, I found most rooms to be far too large and somewhat annoying to walk through. Felt like there's too much empty space. Even when these large rooms were filled with enemies they weren't much of a threat (too much space makes avoiding easy).
What annoyed me more than large rooms were the very narrow corridors, I feel like I bumped into walls more often than I would on GB Zelda's. Not sure if that's due to colliders setup or just me being clumsy.

Bosses were fairly easy, which is alright for a first dungeon. I liked the candle's design but felt it needed better pacing. Candle's fall-down takes too long for my liking.

Found one bug (I suppose?): Tried avoiding an enemy projectile by entering the next room, but the projectile passed through the open door as well.

Thanks for playing it and for the feedback, litHermit, it's extremely valuable to me.

I agree with all you have said.

About the empty space, I believe that using more details, traps and dungeon themed mechanics (walking throw platforms to get across the lava, for example) would help to mitigate that.

About the narrow corridors, I'll take a look about that, perhaps the entrance collider has to be a little bit bigger.

And lastly, about the bosses, I would like them to have more phases. And in particular, the candle's fall was changed because before it was too fast, I guess I haven't find the sweet spot yet.

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 01:39:31 AM »

Hello everyone!

I've been a little bit quiet last weeks because I have been very busy. Let me tell you about what I've been working on.

I've been implementing the feedback that I got from the last demo. Things that have improved are:
  • Sword attack animation is faster now
  • Colliders in the wall have been changed so no more bumping into walls
  • Redesigned the entire dungeon adding some mechanics such as traps, dark rooms, falling platforms, moving platforms. Now the space is more fun to traverse and rooms don't feel empty (in my opinion)
  • Final boss now changes its behaviour based on the life it has left. Feels more diverse and is a bit more challenging
  • Mana replenishes automatically. I want to promote the use of the abilities, so that change seems right
  • Some visual details and SFX

I'm also very proud to announce that Elementallis will be available during the Steam Games Festival  Smiley

These changes made for a new temple, and I will be using it for the demo that will be available on Steam during the Steam Games Festival (June 9th-14th). I have also set up a DISCORD server to do a live chat on June 11th.
Link to Steam Event
Link to DISCORD

I would love to hear your opinions on the new Demo, so if you want, try it and join the Discord, it would be awesome  Grin!

Also, we have been working on the first exterior area, the forest:

See you!

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »

Oh wow, this is looking extremely nice.  I love the aesthetic.  Super curious about the little orb buddy.
I do feel like the leaf effect when bushes are cut should be more of a particle effect, as it doesn't look very nice when a bunch activate in very close proximity.

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 04:51:53 AM »

Oh wow, this is looking extremely nice.  I love the aesthetic.  Super curious about the little orb buddy.
I do feel like the leaf effect when bushes are cut should be more of a particle effect, as it doesn't look very nice when a bunch activate in very close proximity.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it  Smiley

I am still figuring out the visuals of the area, I will take what you say about the particles into account.

Steam Game Festival has been postponed and will take place from June 16th-22th.

Elementallis will be playable with a new demo during these dates, don't miss out!

Link to Steam Event to set a reminder for the live chat that I'm doing on Wednesday 17th

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 05:11:18 AM »

Oh dude, this looks so cool! HUGE fan of the GB Zelda games, looking forward to seeing more of this one!

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 11:15:19 PM »

Elementallis new demo is available on Steam during the Steam Game Festival!  Kiss

You can download it here until June 22th.

Also, take a look at our new trailer for this demo:

Hope you like it and have fun  Smiley

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »

Small update today, I've been working on the water. We are using classic pixel art and modern effects such as particles and lights, so I wanted the water to feel realistic.

Do you like the contrast between those art-styles?

Rogod
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 10:11:47 AM »

:D This looks adorable

If I may make one suggestion, I'd break up the water edge by a pixel here and there so the divide between pixel-art and modern-graphics is less noticeable (at the moment the water's edge is just 1 big straight line, but would probably benefit from being a wibbly line of +1/-1 pixels).

Very nice though - I definitely envy the clear talent here.

AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 07:43:43 AM »

Hello!

It's been a while since my last update, let me fix that!

Here are the abilities we have already developed. Each one of them is carefully crafted so it has use for exploration and combat.

Fire

Nature

Wind

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 08:12:40 AM »

Will you be able to burn all forest in the game?  Cool

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 08:43:27 AM »

Very nice! Can you recover the burnt plants using Nature?
AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 08:52:46 AM »

Very nice! Can you recover the burnt plants using Nature?
Thanks! The nature ability grows plants, but they are different from the ones in the environment. Not a bad idea, though  Grin

Will you be able to burn all forest in the game?  Cool
Yep! But they will respawn though. A bit unreal, but I don't want this to be permanent  Shrug

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic