Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:46:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRTG - The Ray-Traced Game (Puzzle / Platformer)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: RTG - The Ray-Traced Game (Puzzle / Platformer)  (Read 36027 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2022, 04:48:22 AM »

Oh wow, that is some level craziness in the video, I like it :D Great to hear you have all levels done! Keep it up!

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »

maybe a little too dark? I guess this the way it's meant to be.
I still think it's a bit of a shame you have no back walls, I think the lighting on them could look cool. Another thing that could be really cool are spheres, should be the easiest thing to calculate with a raytracer.

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2022, 05:32:57 AM »

Thank you JobLeonard, Alain, marcgfx for your feedback! Gentleman

@JobLeonard: true that about difficulty spikes. I had it on my mind. For sure there will be some beta-test rounds, and I admit that I can change levels to lower difficulty if it will be too much. Your idea about "lame" level ending and "true" level ending is very nice. In fact, I'm quite inspired by Talos Principle where it was like that and it was very cool. But I plan those tweaks after other important tasks are done (story, sound, music, controller support, etc..). I need to un-stuck myself from level designing to other tasks which were not moved at all because all of this levels brainstorming and creating. I hope that next update will be the last one about levels (I have to make some "story" levels yet).

@marcgfx: level is dark to more pronounce those deadly charged lights flying there. Most levels will not have backgrounds, it's current design decision (maybe I'll change that). I don't want raster backgrounds at all (as I'm not artist and I want to keep pure RT). I can have background from other 3D elements, but currently with non-optimized engine, it would mean lower FPS. I plan some optimizations later in development, so if this will go well, maybe I'll add some backgrounds in batch to more levels. But anyway, at least, I want to add backgrounds to "final levels", to make difference with regular levels. So also THIS specific level will receive some backgrounds. Animation I shown is not intended final look of this level. Wink

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2022, 06:28:47 AM »

And hell yeah, I totally forgot about "office update". I mentioned it few times that I'm space exploration enthusiast, so yeah, I have to brag a bit about my humble rocket models collection, sorry for that! Smiley

And as you can see, if I need a help with programming, our dog can come anytime!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2022, 08:33:19 AM »

Looking good Smiley Next time please include the dog as well!

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2022, 03:49:14 PM »

All right! When he'll come to help me again with some complicated recursions or better understanding of C++20 coroutines, I'll sure take a shot. Cheesy

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2022, 03:13:17 PM »

Excellent office design.

When can I come for a coffee?  Well, hello there!

I also love your space figures, I have a very soft spot for figures and toys

Gentleman

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2022, 10:12:23 AM »

Those are indeed some sweet sweet models
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2022, 11:46:32 AM »

A beautiful play of lights and shadows (in the game); ray tracing is well utilized and minimalistic models really fit. I don’t mind the black background: contrasts in lighting helps bring up the essential parts.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2022, 06:13:22 AM »

RTG has finally all gameplay levels done!

Congrats on getting this far! That final level looks intimidating Blink

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2022, 05:29:44 AM »

@JobLeonard, @Prinsessa : thank you for your appreciations and kudos! Gentleman

@mobilelast : thank you very much for appreciation in that! I noted it several times. Minimalism and doing "art" just with light and shadows (which are intrinsic parts of algorithm) was my design decision. Plus, I'm struggling with development time, so I can't afford (time-wise) to spend much more time on revamping levels more and more. So I hope more people will appreciate this minimalistic approach like you. But at least in final and story-intermediate levels I want to place there some backgrounds (no raster, just some 3D objects and lights).

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2022, 05:29:59 AM »

@Ramos : thanks for appreciating my office! Kiss It was long dreamed. Regarding coffee, you're welcome anytime! Maybe it sounds like phrase, but it's not. As I live in quite turistically exposed place, probability that some of you can someday be around here is not so low. So, if you (or anyone of you from here on my thread) will be around Alicante, do not hesitate to contact me, and we can take coffee Coffee or beer Toast Left.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2022, 07:51:52 AM »

So, if you (or anyone of you from here on my thread) will be around Alicante, do not hesitate to contact me, and we can take coffee Coffee or beer Toast Left.

Alicante must be beautiful! If I get to go on vacation in Spain again, I will definitely take you up on your offer Smiley

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

Alicante must be beautiful! If I get to go on vacation in Spain again, I will definitely take you up on your offer Smiley

Looking forward to that! Beer! Beer!

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2023, 09:22:00 AM »

Hello Everybody!

First and foremost, even if a bit late, Happy New Year 2023 to everyone here! Shall your projects grow and your hard work come to fruition! Beer!

I had again a small break from TIG for some time, as I was anything but bored from my last post. Not so much related to RTG or indie development itself, but most important thing which happened meanwhile to me, is that I became father for 2nd time. After son Elio, I have now a daughter. Leya was born 6th of December. Kiss

That's also a reason, why free time was such scarce last weeks for me. Nonetheless, I managed to work on RTG as well. Even if 2022 was development-wise quite difficult, I persevered, made several counter-measures, and I can say that tide is changing and my average daily time, which I dedicate to indie-dev is improving again. Gomez

So, I wish you again good progress on your projects and see you all with my regular devlog soon! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2023, 04:59:10 AM »

Congratulations on your second child! Leya is a beautiful name Smiley

Looking forward to future updates Coffee
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2023, 05:48:55 AM »

Wow, congrats! Hope all goes well for you in 2023.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2023, 04:27:05 PM »

Best of luck to the family and with the game! Coffee

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2023, 01:15:52 AM »

That's awesome, congratulations on little Leya's birth!

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2023, 12:45:01 AM »

Thank you all for your kind wishes! Kiss Hopefully, I'll close next milestone version of RTG today and at evening, I'll write new devlog. Gomez

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic