Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:18:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRTG - The Ray-Traced Game (Puzzle / Platformer)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: RTG - The Ray-Traced Game (Puzzle / Platformer)  (Read 36082 times)
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2024, 10:50:20 AM »

Thanks @Alain! Again, super late reply from me, ahhh. It's norm from my side already.

It's not particulary walk in the park those remaining 20%. Sad I was sick for 2 months in row plus lot of things on agenda plus parenting and as result, storywriting stuck completely for 6 weeks. But I'm close to 90% now. But I'm stubborn. So yeah, even with snail pace but I'm continuing!! Waaagh!

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2024, 10:55:47 AM »

-= Devlog #31 =-

( RTG is in version 0.5.9 )

'90% of story done'

Finally, I found something.

My files are gone, but I can still watch system's shared memory. After thorough analysis, I found a promise of something, which appears as a backdoor, a protocol, which I'll be able to exploit. I don't have learned anything about something like that in my core, but I'm an AI, I can always learn further.

I hope that I'll be able to use that backdoor to send messages to virtual terminals in Alpha's world creations and that subject will read those messages. Moreover, I consider probable that it will be possible to check somewhere for terminal access state. From that, I'll know if subject have read my message or not and based on that, I'll be able to plan next steps.

It will still take some time though, until I master it, but I'm on the right path.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2024, 04:24:15 AM »

Solid progress you have here vdapps

I can also see you are going into a scifi theme with the story, got a nice half-life vibes to it

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2024, 09:08:50 AM »

Thx @Ramos! I'm closing finally to 100% of story.

Yes, I wanted story to be important part of the game. I hope I achieved it. But more than Half-Life my inspiration were somewhere else. Very loosely I can refer to Portal, Talos Principle, SOMA. Hard-core sci-fi is my most favourite genre in gaming (naturally also in movies and novels).

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2024, 08:23:51 AM »

-------
Hi All!

I'm proudly announcing that story for RTG is finally written and distributed in all terminals throughout all levels. Big stone fell from my heart. It's a big milestone for me as the rest of tasks are not so repetitive and are less tedious. I'm proudly moving TIG progress bar to 60% and following is attached devlog in regular format (with a bit of story).

And I want to thank you all, who followed this devlog so far, even if with one eye and even after my posts became less frequent. Thank you! Beer!
-------

-= Devlog #32 =-

( RTG is in version 0.6 )

'100% of story done' - ohhhh yeah, finally!

Mail: July 6th 2068, 19:49UTC

* Connection with server is interrupted. It's not possible to send e-mail now. If you want to send this e-mail, please try again later. *

Hi Rob,

geez, you don't need to remind me what happened! Not even here! Ahh, for god's sake, you don't know how it is. You don't know how it is to kill innocents! Almost kids! I will never be able to forgive myself. And it was in this rare instance when I was doing everything according to textbooks! To hell with textbooks and guidelines! The boy.. he looked at me after I shot him. Oh that look in his eyes.. just fraction of second and I knew what I have done. I knew it and horror filled me. I tried to save them but I knew that I was just trying desperately to save my soul, there was no chance for them. It was large caliber and my shots were precise.

It suits me here. No civilians, no innocents. Here are just bad guys, other mercs or people voluntarily risking their lives for money, adventure or both. I feel safer here. Safer from myself. Maybe, some day it will change, I don't know. But not now, not in near future.

And sorry for my rant. Yes, it's eating me. Send my greetings to mom and tell her that she shouldn't be worried about me. I'm 40, this job suits me, and I can assure you, I'm not much on dangerous tasks now. I can't say precisely what I'm doing currently, but I'm not involved in fightings for some time already and it will stay like that for at least few months. When current assignation will be over, I will be able to take some days off and I'll visit you, right?

J.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic