Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1377872 Posts in 65468 Topics- by 57797 Members - Latest Member: Weezlack

June 06, 2020, 06:06:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEchoing Serenity - a chill roguelite in which there's no death, just exploration
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Echoing Serenity - a chill roguelite in which there's no death, just exploration  (Read 190 times)
LunaticDancer
Level 0

Unveil the curtains of sanity!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2020, 01:58:46 AM »

Echoing Serenity is a project I've started to relieve my everyday stress.

It will be a platformer roguelite with no death state, if you fall - that's just a start of another adventure, and you can always climb back. The game is supposed to help a player relax, by creating partially handcrafted enviroments, and also through it's calming colors, sound, music and friendly recurring characters to talk to. For people for which that's not enough of a game, I'll also include many secrets to hunt and puzzles to solve, but they'll never be required to progress the main game.

Recent screenshot:

Feel welcome to read on below Well, hello there!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:48:52 PM by LunaticDancer » Logged

LunaticDancer
Level 0

Unveil the curtains of sanity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 08:08:15 AM »

Added a whole Celeste-like platformer movement system, character animations, various visual effects, including interactive fire particles and of course, an infinite random world generator, that takes predefined levels and arranges them together into a seamless world.
Most of the time was spent on laying the groundwork, that will allow me to produce the game way more quickly.

Now, for some screens, here's getting atop the temple and admiring the nice seaside view:

Here's some fun with lightable fire sources:

Next up, more variety in the world generation!
See ya!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic