Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 27, 2024, 11:58:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEscape Velocity revival - 2D space RPG on Kickstarter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Escape Velocity revival - 2D space RPG on Kickstarter  (Read 422 times)
Mag Steelglass
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »

Hi, all. I'm a longtime fan of the Escape Velocity series, an indie-developed space RPG series. It was one of my top two games growing up, and I spent countless hours on it. Unfortunately now the publisher is out of business and it's increasingly difficult/impossible to get a hold of. However, the creator of the second game, EV Override, is now running a Kickstarter campaign to remake/remaster the game for modern platforms.

Aside from the base game, the remake of Override will be compatible with existing fan-made mods (which there are already decades of, including some fan scenarios that are full-blown games in and of themselves), and it's also designed to be easily and extensively moddable.

Given that this is an indie forum, I figured some folks may be interested. For those who'd like to check it out, contribute, and/or spread the word, here’s a link to the Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmicfrontier/cosmic-frontier-override/

Also, here's some concept art from the game:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:07:01 PM by Mag Steelglass » Logged
Mag Steelglass
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »

And here's some more concept art, for another ship - the Krait, infamous as the most fragile ship in the game, but also a ton of fun to fly because it's the fastest and most maneuverable ship in human space:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic