Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:27:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoSong
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Song  (Read 3305 times)
finzgar
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »

Im really new in TIG community, but im not that new into game developing (but since im from Slovenia, my games are in slovene Smiley ) Im dealing mostly with design and ideas, since im a lousy programer and a good comic author/illustrator. That means the game will be done in MMF. Sry for that.

Song

genre:2d Adventure/ puzzle / artsy fartsy modern, edu info about: poetry, chemistry

description:
Im going to make an educational game for adults about one of the greatest Slovenian poets of all time. Srečko Kosovel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sre%C4%8Dko_Kosovel. Ill try to present major aspects of his work, and since most of you guys don't have a clue who Kosovel is, i hope you will really like the inovative approach in my game developement. In this topic i will not just post some facts on how far is game from being finished, but also some educational facts from Kosovel's life, his poems, facts about Kras (a region in Slovenia after which the Karst topograhy was named after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kras). So everything will be filled with info.

As a player you will be able to play this game from different perspectives:

1. subjective (playing as Srečko Kosovel) (adventure game, with modern spices)

2. geographical (learning about Karst, which had a huge influence in kosovels work.)(puzzle)

3. poetical (trying to make your own poems)(creative, artsy)

4. (if i will have enough time i will add more perspectives)

As Kosovel wrote for mature readers, ill try to give game the morbid and violent atmosphere, to suite the adult part of the rules.
------------------------------------------------------

developement: MMF, Photoshop
Kosovel from the Slovenian artists:

Kosovel in the game:

It was about time, you guys dont lear just about Shakespear, Kafka and Wortsworth, this game will put Slovenia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia) on the map Smiley

And sorry for the crappy english.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:20:35 AM by finzgar » Logged
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 10:12:30 PM »

awesome idea finzgar  Beer!. Very curious to see what you come up with.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »

Sounds great, finzgar! Beer!
ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »

That means the game will be done in MMF. Sry for that.
No need to apologize for that on these boards, good sir! Grin Plenty of us make games in Game Maker, MMF, Flash, etc. And plenty of those games are as good (or better) than any other! Enjoy, your game sounds rad Smiley and welcome to the forums.
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:27:21 AM »

The method of creation doesn't matter as long as the output is good! Smiley
finzgar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »

For the graphic production, im searching for a bunch of old english/american newspapers. They should be from 1919-1950. If you have them, or know where to get them ill trade them for a bunch of my comics, and english books. How much are those worth anyway?  Droop

Thanks
mirosurabu
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:28 AM »

Slovenian literature? Sounds interesting. I'm Serb myself. Smiley
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »

I have a book of New York Times covers from their creation up to today. I can scan some pages of that for you but I can't let you have it! Would you like me to send you some images?
finzgar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 03:10:40 AM »

Shit! That would be awsome! Please do that and send me private message with your email and snail adress i think you deserved those books/comics.
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »

Very interesting idea.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

If you want old newspaper scans, Google has them: http://www.google.com/archivesearch
If you go to the advanced archive search, you can get it to only show free ones.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic