Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:39:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWire: a 2D, top-down puzzle game featuring non-euclidean geometry
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wire: a 2D, top-down puzzle game featuring non-euclidean geometry  (Read 542 times)
sebagdr
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »

Hello everyone!

I’m the developer of Wire, a 2D top-down puzzle game.

The goal is to restart the repeater present in each level. Players must explore to understand the non-euclidean geometry, enabling them to solve puzzles. Examples of the effects of these geometries are: looping, unexpected changes of direction, returning to places different to the ones you departed from, etc.

Each level presents a mechanic that will be expanded upon in the following ones, with the first few serving as an introduction to the different game elements. The intent is to help players that aren’t familiar with these types of geometries to understand how they work so they can solve more advances puzzles.

All levels follow the same rules, even though it may not be obvious at first blush. Take for example this recording:

There is only one repeater per level, even though you can see four here. That is one of the effects of non-euclidean geometry! You’re seeing the same repeater multiple times.

If I piqued your interest you can check the game out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1288090/Wire/

Post any questions/comments/feedback here and I’ll be happy to answer them!

Thank you!
Sebastián.
amazedevil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 11:16:06 AM »

Idea sounds quite interesting, but graphics, well, it's all about taste, but for me it's a bit too simple. If you're not an artist, particles give you the power to make FX without drawing, maybe tracks trails, dust, or something, I think it would be better this way  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic