Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:47:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEvacuation out for iPhone
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Evacuation out for iPhone  (Read 11257 times)
Spincut
Level 1

Playing the games you make

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

My best is 336 so far.  Wink
bgribin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »

I downloaded the update but honestly, the controls are still unresponsive and imprecise. I'm on a 3G S. To me, the game is still unplayable.

Also, see here - http://www.iphonegamenetwork.com/evacuation-review
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:49:11 AM by bgribin » Logged
Rolento
Level 0

Make it in Red British Butter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »

nice! getting when I get home tonight!

tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »

I do not actually own an iPhone or iPod touch... but the flash version is amazing and highly addictive.  Kudos to you sir on making an excellent game.

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »

I downloaded the update but honestly, the controls are still unresponsive and imprecise.

Is that your review you posted, or do you have different problems from the reviewer? I'm not sure what to do about the controls now, since if I make them any more responsive it will increase the number of accidental door openings... I'm starting to think that the problem is the iPhone touch interface itself... you shouldn't make games about precision tapping. (Dragging seems to work better in games, like Diabolika for example).
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 06:03:50 AM »

I had issues with the controls before, but not any in the update.  Everything seems fine to me.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 06:48:59 AM »

I enjoy the update with the more responsive door tapping Smiley Thanks for releasing this, it's much easier to play now.

Also, I am starting to dread your entire roster of character names! XD

twitter: @docky
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 05:18:56 AM »

I got up to 656 points with the new controls.  I should have easily made it further, but somehow I fucked up and closed a door as a guy was slipping out.  Since they were all officers at that point it was game over.
projecthappy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »

Just downloaded and played for a couple minutes, and I really enjoy it! Great sounds/graphics/mechanic - overall perfect game for the platform. It has a nice charm. Hope it gets popular.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:44 AM »

May I say that I still love this game?

MISTAKES WERE MADE!
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »

I'm glad you're liking it! Sales have dropped to zero, sadly.  Panda

I have to think about some other ways to promote it.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »

An obvious way would be a lite version. Wouldn't that work pretty well, limiting the amount of levels one can play? Especially as there is criticism of the controls which you say you've improved, I think most interested players will rather want to give it a try, first.

Another popular way is giving out promo codes on the TouchArcade forums, which is a pretty big community about iPhone/iPod Touch games. They actually already have a little thread about Evacuation: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17471
Unfortunately, most developers just post a lot of codes, which then seem to get taken mainly by "lurkers" in a matter of minutes. But, stating that you'd like people to write reviews about Evacuation in exchange for promo codes, and giving those away only through PMs, seems to work very well. There seem to be a lot of honest people there, so you'd surely get some feedback and reviews.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »

I got a bunch of positive reviews on sites like toucharcade... it could just be that the concept isn't very attractive. I'll put a google ad or two up and see if anyone goes for them. I think the game is probably 'lite' enough as it is  Wink - a lite version would be almost nothing at all!
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »

What's not attractive about venting precious oxygen and human beings into space?
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »

I got a bunch of positive reviews on sites like toucharcade... it could just be that the concept isn't very attractive. I'll put a google ad or two up and see if anyone goes for them. I think the game is probably 'lite' enough as it is  Wink - a lite version would be almost nothing at all!
I've only the played the flash version, but if I understood it correctly the levels are randomly generated and get harder as you progress. A lite version could then for example be a bunch of rather easy, non-randomized levels, which briefly show off what the game offers and that's it. Players would get a look at what the game is like and how it plays, but wouldn't get any kind of replay value out of that.
But, it's just an idea, it might indeed already be a little much. At least it could be something to consider if you plan to expand the game.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »

how many sales total?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »

not actually an easy question to answer, since Apple doesn't provide you with easy-to-read sales charts until a month has gone by. I'd say it's in the low hundreds, which means it's been outdoing the flash version revenues on a day-bay-day basis, but will probably lose out on a lifetime basis.

I'm working on a port of the cricket game, which has a much more passionate fanbase, so we'll see if that performs any differently.  Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »

Oh cool thx

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic