Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 06:42:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTwitch streamers that ask for keys but pass them on to subscribers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Twitch streamers that ask for keys but pass them on to subscribers  (Read 1596 times)
r0ber7
Level 2

i like games

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »

Hi,

After releasing my first game (redwizardisland.com) I got various messages from Twitch streamers saying they wanted to help promote my game. However, after checking their profiles I realized they are awarding game keys to their subscribers as rewards. I realized they are not going to promote my game, but just want the free keys. Is there somewhere a blacklist of Twitch accounts I can check, so I know which ones are really interested in promoting my game? If there isn't such a blacklist, I can start it.

Have you had experience similar to mine?

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:09:40 AM »

That's how it goes all the time. Bonus is some mail linking to a hugely famous channel and asking for "a key for me and a couple of keys for a giveaway". The sender being a random bob and all of the keys going straight to shady resale sites like G2A. This is an actual bussiness model off which some people pay their bills.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic