Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1377855 Posts in 65464 Topics- by 57789 Members - Latest Member: Cryofauna

June 05, 2020, 05:46:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTrading and City Management Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trading and City Management Game  (Read 120 times)
teapoted
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »

The gist of the game is that you build a city under the guise of or for the purpose of trading. So you have a bunch of choices around what you might want to build depending on what type of resources of products you want to produce and then you trade. A lot of the inspiration behind this game is in playing games like EU4 where I really enjoy a lot of the aspects but find the trading or purely economic game to not offer much.

I am currently approaching the game from opposite directions where on the one hand I am working purely on concept art and on the other just on raw simulations. There is a lot which needs to be hammered out so it might be some time until I start putting the two together.

I've been trying to do some devlogs so if you're interested you can see the progress below:

teapoted
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 02:51:34 AM »

Log 3

This weekend I redid the artstyle for the third time and also worked on a new trading simulation.

https://i.imgur.com/EZWxif9.png

I am much happier with this artstyle and I think the scale of small enough to not take too long for me to do but also big enough to get some details in there, in the previous art style I was struggling constantly to try and make anything identifiable other than big architectural elements but that's now much easier.

I also did much more on my trading simulation which you can see at the end of the video. There's a lot in there so let me know if you're curious about something in specific.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic