Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:38:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Seacrit Fish Game: A whimsical underwater roguelight
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Seacrit Fish Game: A whimsical underwater roguelight  (Read 937 times)
illtemperedtuna
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:44:41 AM »

(video is a little dated, the gameplay is much better now, I think)

Name:: The Seacrit Fish Game
Genre: Roguelight
Web Build:
https://illtemperedtuna.itch.io/the-seacrit-fish-game

Thanks for checking out the game. Been working on it a few years now...

**Cheers**
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:03:15 AM by illtemperedtuna » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »

Hi illtemperedtune,

I played your game:

illtemperedtuna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 03:09:31 PM »

Cool! No one's done a letsplay of it yet, so thank you for being the first!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

There's a lots of feedback here and I will take it into account! I've fixed the dialogue fish getting stuck on the screen and I will work on some mechanics to make flopping around the top of the ocean a bit less weird.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:01:17 PM by illtemperedtuna » Logged
illtemperedtuna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 05:46:03 PM »

https://illtemperedtuna.itch.io/the-seacrit-fish-game
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 11:34:57 AM »

Wow, clearly lots of effort has been put into this: sound and music are all technically top notch, and fishes have unique personalities that are reflected from their appearances. Color palette works well also in small images, and gives the game a distinctive style. Theme music is catchy, but I prefer the more silent pieces for the mystic mood they give.

Some issues also:
- There is too much text and instructions at the start. It is hard to grasp all the information at once. It would be better to teach the player one thing at a time during the gameplay.
- Game levels are perhaps too crowded, which makes it hard to tell which objects block the movement and which are only cosmetics. Background and foreground could be more clearly separated by adding fog or something.
- I also found a controller bug that made me quite confused at first: if you have two controllers connected, holding (charging) and blocking doesn't work, but the fish just keeps spinning. It looks like the controllers conflict with each other. When I unplug the other one, everything works well.
- Oh, and one typo: "There are 3 action butons" Smiley

All in all pretty flawless execution. Doesn't feel like a small game at all. I’ll be waiting for the future releases.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic