Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 05:04:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback on playtime and pricing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback on playtime and pricing  (Read 399 times)
gools.vj
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »

So, I've been working on this short narrative puzzle game inspired by this quarantine times called Séculos. One thing is, I'm not sure if the play session is working, mainly regarding its length. The current version takes about 15 minutes to finish one playthrough, maybe 25 to see all two(currently implemented) endings. The other thing is the pricing: do you guys think it's ok to charge for this kind of short games? If you guys could get me some feedback on this I would be VERY grateful.

Here's a screenshot so you get an ideia of what it is (don't worry it plays in English too):

Link to play: https://goolsvj.itch.io/seculos
password: seculosbeta

Thanks in advance!

gools.vj
.Videoartist
.Game dev

Ig: @gools.vj
Twitter: @gools_vj
filiph
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 06:12:20 PM »

I'm probably not qualified for answering your pricing question (I've never sold any games), so take my opinion with a large grain of salt.

I think that, to give people reason to pay for your game, the visuals must be either a) way more mainstream and polished, or b) even more weird than they are right now. I'm personally okay shelling out a few bucks even for a short game, if it's interesting. Like, I can see your art style could go even more to "punk", maybe just by adding some effects or some smudges. Then it's like, ok, this thing is as indie as it gets. I wonder what this is about.

To be clear, I do like the style. I just personally think you should go even further.

Second, small nit: fiddle with the walk speed and acceleration. Right now it feels too slow, or too static. A big part of your game is walking, so make it feel fun.

I work on making open-world books possible.
gools.vj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:43:54 AM »

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, man!

This obviously wasn't conceived as a commercial project, but I thought it would be interesting to hear other people's thoughts on the matter. The art style won't change much, but I'm working on some cutscenes and dream sequences that should add to the weird aspect of the game.

I wonder what this is about.
I hope to make it a little less vague when the actual ending and dream sequences are implemented. If you check out the latter versions maybe you could see if this has improved! I'm really not aiming for something completely opaque.

And I'll get right on that walk thing. Thanks!

gools.vj
.Videoartist
.Game dev

Ig: @gools.vj
Twitter: @gools_vj
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic