Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:00:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[REVSHARE][HELPWANTED] Looking for creatives to join a Pirate Based RPG game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [REVSHARE][HELPWANTED] Looking for creatives to join a Pirate Based RPG game  (Read 1707 times)
c4lic0
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »

Ahoy! My name is Jack and I am a gameplay programmer! Currently, I am working to get a new project off the ground: “Admiral of the Black.” This game will be a 3D pirate RPG based loosely around Port Royal. It will explore a main narrative but also explore the economy of the pirates and how they ran operations out of the island. A bit about the project and who we are looking for:

My Exp: I am a senior computer science student looking to get into the game industry next year. I have worked on multiple projects both in Unreal and Unity. If you are interested in seeing my portfolio, feel free to reach out and I would be happy to share it with you.

Length Of project: We are looking to turn out a demo for the project by August. That demo will include polished gameplay and an introduction to the main storyline of the game. The demo will be used to start a Kickstarter. If the project seems to have legs and backing, we will continue. Either way, you will get a great piece for your portfolio regardless of if this turns into a full project or not!

Payment: This is a rev share project. If the Kickstarter turns out to be successful, everyone on the team will receive a cut. Once we begin planning for that phase, all payment splits will be up for negotiation. That being said, to maximize our chances of being funded, we will start marketing and showing progress on social media as soon as possible. This will allow us to grow a following of people who are excited about the project, and hopefully entice them to back it.

Who We Are Looking For: The team is in its very early stages right now. Specifically, we are looking to bring on the following positions for the demo:

Animators

Composers

Game/Level Designers

Writers

The demo will use paid assets to speed up the development and world-building process. However, should the game be funded we will also be looking to bring on various artists and modelers to flush out the final product.

Contact Method: Discord DMs are the best way to get in touch with me. C4LIC0#3683
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 09:04:00 AM »

I think it would benefit you to display what you bring to the table as opposed to just saying what you need.  Some videos or gifs or screenshots of things you've worked on in the past to show that you have merit, given the thousands of rev share projects similar to this that fell apart and wasted everyone's time.

AudioRespawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »

Hi there, I'd be open to discussing music if you are still looking for a composer, I know I'm a little late to the discussion here. You can listen to samples of my work here: https://www.audiorespawn.com/

DM me if interested!

Cheers!
Josh
Harry H
TIGBaby

HK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »

Ahoy Jack!

I see ye be looking to gather up some crew to help navigate yer ship around those treacherous Port Royal waters! I'm a writer by trade and me names Harry! I'm an English lad but 'ave been tryin me luck in Sweden after switchin' boats some years back.

Okay, sorry, that's enough cringey pirate talk! I'm probably late to the party, as I saw you posted over a month ago, but I'd love to get involved with your project if you're still looking for writers/ narrative designers. I tried friending and messaging you over discord but you haven't accepted/ we don't share a server.

Anyway, I'm a scriptwriting graduate with lots of experience with worldbuilding, as well as both short- and long-form writing. Gaming is something that’s near & dear to my heart and I love it when lore, dialogue, critters & backstory are all thematically significant to the world & individually loaded with meaning. To this extent, I’m adaptive with my writing and comfortable with switching up tones, lengths & styles. It helps keep off monotony anyway!

Working with others is always fun and I've helped with tons of proof-reading & editing, having helped out with feature film scripts & published books, so I’ve developed a keen sense for how to rework lines/ descriptions to serve the narrative better in different situations. I also compose a bit on the guitar so can help if you need to develop any sea shanty type songs too.

But, to take a step back from formality, when not writing application-type-things I’m down to earth, easy going and love helping out with projects that others are passionate about! I think enjoying what you do is the driving force behind the creative industry.

If you’re interested, please feel free to quickly check out my online portfolio here to see some of the project types that I've worked on: https://whatsrunningroundmyhead.wordpress.com/portfolio/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:43:14 PM by Harry H » Logged
Cathbad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 01:04:39 AM »

Hi there Jack.

There's a few samples of my music at www.cathbadmusic.com

If you hear anything you like, get in touch and I'll whip up a few sea shanties for ye.

Here's a little something to start you off

Christopher

Use my music in your game
Legends of Great Cathay https://pushaudio.sourceaudio.com/album/9177089
Space Exploration https://www.gargantuanmusic.com/album/9193011
GComposer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 09:09:36 AM »

Hi, if you are still looking for a composer, I let you my soundcloud and my IG to contact me. Thanks in advance.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/gabriel-est-vez
IG: @gcmusic_composer
JNB Music Ensemble
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »

Hello there!

We are the JNB Music Ensemble, and professional performance and composition group looking to work from home.
One of our representatives, Noah Denton (Jakks is the username), has just sent you a friend request to inquire about this project.

About us:

We are a group of professional Jazz/Rock/Funk/Classical musicians, who have worked with some of the worlds top musicians including:

Dave Eggar, Justin Stanton, Zac Zinger, Chris Brubeck, Morgan Wade, and more!

Let us know if you are interested in collaborating, thank you for your time! 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic