Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:13:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: NOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting  (Read 30555 times)
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »

d~~k punching

Read that as "duck punching".

that's worse!

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »

im REALLY glad, you decided not to use pixel art

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »

game's dead Durr...?

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2010, 06:21:54 AM »

not joking btw

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »

Well that certainly sucks. Such a shame.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »

Haha yeah. We came to the conclusion that we better let NOiSE go. I've been working on the game when ever I have free time but we realised that the amount we can dedicate to NOiSE at this point is not enough. Plus if we cannot get it finished / or to the point we want to see it in, there is no real reason us to continue it.

Cock blocked by real life ventures. We bought a flat and are renovating it so.. that's my current "blargh". Biggest issue blocking me from pretty much everything at the moment.

Obviously we could "restart" after we are done with our real-life shaiben but the nature of indie dev is that unless it gets finished when it is supposed to, it's never going to. And we are way behind and way past the life line of NOiSE Smiley

It was a fun project to work on, unfortunately it went this way. Off to the box of "fucking amazing games I never finished".

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »

It was totally gonna be an artgame anyways so you guys should be happy yo!  Panda

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2010, 08:14:44 AM »

it would have been the BESTEST ARTGAME EVER  Cry

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »

Aww. Any cool screenies of what you did get done?

ink.inc
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2010, 01:04:13 PM »

This is what I am feeling.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »

My Word!

b-but why??

i mean you already said why but still

damn

Lo
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »

Cry
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »

Every time you don't finish a game a kitten dies.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »

Just out of curiosity, how much of the game did you get finished plot and script-wise?
Because we could totally make this into a huge multi-user project if we got enough people to rally the cause. Which we do.
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »

yeah, if you are really scrapping it forever, you should put up all the stuff you did for it..

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »

There's actually surprisingly little of it, there's a couple of the old tilesets, the soldat animations and the rough animations for i. That's pretty much it : O (I never did get very far with the art reboot so that's all pixelart)

Though if Mika doesn't have anything against it I could release them into the yonder wilderness of the internet for people to use in their games as they see fit.

Also would you dudes be intereste in hearing about the artgame aspects and themes the game was gonna have? (No really! I had some bitchin' ideas!)

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »

They better be crazy bitchin

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »

There's actually surprisingly little of it, there's a couple of the old tilesets, the soldat animations and the rough animations for i. That's pretty much it : O (I never did get very far with the art reboot so that's all pixelart)

Though if Mika doesn't have anything against it I could release them into the yonder wilderness of the internet for people to use in their games as they see fit.

Also would you dudes be intereste in hearing about the artgame aspects and themes the game was gonna have? (No really! I had some bitchin' ideas!)

no we wouldnt.

Shocked of course we would!!

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

I WANT TO HEAR EVERYTHING I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR SOMEONE TO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION.
JESUS CHRIST.
Give us everything you have, and we'll get like a tenth of the forum to supply the rest.
It'll be like making Duke Nukem Forever, but indie and with less strippers.
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »

Alright dudes! Here's the tilesets in all their work in progress glory! We really only got three months into the project when the year-long downtime came so this is it. The interiors tileset should probably be redone in it's entirety, it should be much sleeker and minimalist. And I somehow feel like I had a lot more decal-type tiles for the highrise set? Guess not!

We used Tiled for making maps which has since then gotten a bit more awesome and is quite useable! http://www.mapeditor.org/

Here the spritesheet for i! It's pretty much all rough animnations and blockins, the idea was to get everything animated smooth and nice and then render them out and push pixels to polish it to no end, I'm not really an animator so this took a while and didn't get very far and some of these are pretty awkward.
It's pretty big!

and here's the soldat, missing animations but what's there is pretty refined already. Could still use some work and rendering and pushing pixels ofcourse.

And that's it!

Oh yeah, the psd file for this dude

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2968974/noise/scouter-alarmed.psd

The map itself was trivial, just testing out the tileset, how stuff aligned and looked etc.

Man that feels like I'm a total slacker for not having gotten anything more done  Sad

as a curiosity here's the tileset I was messing around with for the reboot!

Though I never did get anything good going with the animating style.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic