Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:41:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: NOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting  (Read 30561 times)
pogo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

I am greatly anticipating this.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »

Currently from my side it's pretty much in a completely stalled for now. My university studies are coming ahead of everything and my final year project being so kick ass hard is not really helping NOiSE progress at all either :D But we made a decision with kinnas that'll we will get back to the game after we've both done with the uni or have enough free time to concentrate on it.

I was also thinking of producing a proper tool for this game that allows us to create levels AND cut-scenes for the game. In game cut-scenes that it... But yeah, going ahead SLOWLY atm and not always making progress at all since the uni is taking every bit of free time I have.

Sorry guys, but definitely not dead either.  My Word!

Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2009, 05:39:31 PM »

I can't wait to play NOISE. Hurry up, it looks amazing.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2009, 07:04:29 AM »

Tis just nice to drop a line at say you're still alive Smiley I will continue to look forward to more screens and vids of this! And ofc the final release. Uni comes first for myself as well, and it's rather mental for me atm too so I have some idea of the workload stress you're feeling. Best of luck with it!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »

Concerned

Just wondering what's happening with you guys lately? Smiley I really loved the look of this game. Just realised I ain't seen anything on it in a while.

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 03:17:41 PM »

Haha, cheers for the support. Still alive. Personally I haven't done a single line of code for this game this year. Which is a shame, but like we said, we are going to finish our last year of university and then hop back on the train. We actually talked about this with kinnas and we came to the conclusion that we better finish our university year first.

My uni year ends at 21. of May and kinnas' around the same time "roughly", we are going to have a meeting after that and see were we take the project from there. Obviously since we've been off the project for so long it will be interesting to get into it and it will probably change a bit. Probably hoping to learn from past mistakes a bit and getting this project rolling even faster.

But thanks again for poking around, makes me happy to see someone interested and makes me feel like firing up Visual studio INSTANTLY and start programming on it.  Gentleman

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

Good call, nail University and then this stuff can take your focus. Doing the same myself, well I am an avid fan and can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys. I'll keep me eye on this. Do you finish this year then? The age thing didn't really make sense of when you guys would be done.  Smiley

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2010, 03:38:03 PM »

Both doing our last year. I'll be returning to Finland when I finish my studies here in UK and hopefully jump on this train and get other stuff rolling too.

Also, check this out, quick draft :

Going to get my business cards printed out for an Expo next month where I'm showing my last year stuff. Whoot. Just generally hoping to get good contacts there. >> http://www.tees.ac.uk/schools/scm/expotees/

gunmaggot
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2010, 05:33:57 AM »

I really need to check the DevLogs board more often.  I've been missing out on awesome stuff like this.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2010, 02:15:30 AM »

RAISE FROM YOUR GRAVE !  Wizard

It's ze official!
Game is a GO, again. Like we said, after uni, we are going to continue and the time is upon us NOW.

Small changes on the programming side such as leaving XNA completely and moving towards cross-platform choices Win, Mac and Linux release coming. The original started with XNA since it was quite fast way to get stuff running and the testing done, that is over now and we can actually start working on this the way we want.

Soooo...

Kinnas is still in charge of the main direction of the game and art. Plus we got some interesting folks on the sound/music side working with us now. More on that later too Smiley Unless they see this post and want to come forward themselves.

In the coming week more stuff should appear as I list changes and things we are going to do. Also, we might be looking for a decent tools programmer with cross-platform, Qt and OpenGL experience to do us the tool chain to make the game progress a bit faster. If not, then I'm going to make it all myself. Mainly looking to produce some sort of tile editor that allows free form placement of objects, rotating objects, layers and some minor cut-scene epicness. But all this tool side is still open, currently using tools that are already available and they do not do stuff we want them to do (more on that later too).

Biggest thing for me at the moment is to quickly port the engine to C++, which is going to be pretty straight forward and quick. Guessing the biggest issue going to be the cross-platform dev environment + support. After that is set up properly and everything compiles, maintaining it should be easy.

Hopefully you guys will keep following us as eagerly as you followed us earlier, the support was great.

So big key words on the programming side at the moment:
- Cross-platform
- FREE
- Minimal amount of dependencies

Watch this space.

EDIT #1:
oh and if someone was wondering... I got first class honours from uni. So it was all worth the trouble.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:34:50 AM by skyy » Logged

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:51 AM »

So...
Dating sim.
Slash action platformer.
Cross platform.
For free.
Crazy
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2010, 05:37:07 AM »

YES!  I can't believe that you guys are starting up again!  This is going to be awesome, Ive been following this from the beginning! Kiss

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »

Nate, don't be like that, didn't we promise? Wink I know, these things often fall to deaf ears with "YEAH WE WILL RESUME IN YEAR 2014" and you never hear from them...

It will take some time for me to put up the whole development environment mainly because I just did a transition from *nix world to Mac world yesterday. *rubs shiny new macbook pro 17"*. But yeah. So learning this thing is like "huh". Thank god I found terminal. Got all my stuff to move over to mac side, find all programs I use and all other "oh no, how do I do X on mac?"-stuff.

Probably will set up the dev environment with Vim, few plugins, command line compiling and debugger on *nix and mac side, then will probably keep some sort of simple IDE supported environment for Win side. Don't know yet. Definitely will have to be able to work on the project no matter the environment.

More "big" words on programming side I need to take into account:
- Easy cross-compilation
- Easy to work on it no matter the platform

- .. can we throw more easy in this? mommy, mommy?

And now to find more useful software. For safety, I have my terminal open all the time to keep me safe and make me feel at home.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »

Excellent news!

Also, congrats on the First Smiley Feels good doesn't it?

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »

Nate, don't be like that, didn't we promise? Wink I know, these things often fall to deaf ears with "YEAH WE WILL RESUME IN YEAR 2014" and you never hear from them...
Huh? huh?  Not quite sure what you read into my comment but I was only expressing my excitement for the project to begin again and that the time had come so quickly.  I hope to see some awesome screenshots and updates soon! Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »

To be fair, I'm not sure either... Uhh... I wonder.. uhh.. what? Now that I read all this again even I cannot make out what I personally was after with my reply. Your post seems to make all the sense in the world now that I read it again but mine.. what? umm.. ok, scratch that  Big Laff to put it in more clear words: nice to see you following us, means a lot.  Coffee

But yeah, what can I say, really excited to work with kinnas again. Having a meeting with kinnas as soon as we bumb into each other and have the time to talk about this, which should be in the next few days. There are going to be some changes in the original design (don't worry, nothing that you guys saw is going to change) to make the game more interesting and to make it work better.

Also basic stuff is set up on the mac side now. Now just need to download the huge ass set of dev libs to be able to work with it efficiently and ha-humm. Still looking for a great plain syntax highlighted text editor for mac side, vim seems to disappoint me on mac side. Acts all bleh and does not like all my colour configurations which makes my brain hurt. I just need syntax highlight and maybe auto-complete. Other than that I do compiling from command-line. Might have to revert back to gedit. Will have to see how it likes the keyboard on-the-fly layout changes.

I program in UK layout and write text in FIN layout. I find it faster/easier to program in UK layout, yes, I'm that hardcore that it makes a difference Durr...?

All in all, looking good.

Oh and Ishi: amazing. Smiley

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »

YAY! So pleased that you're back on this. Continue to perpetuate epicness throughout the land!
Also, congrats on your first.  Beer!
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2010, 07:30:12 AM »

It's on!

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2010, 06:09:49 AM »

Inanimate
Level 10